What is your most embarrassing/funny Disney story?

Hahahaha! These are all great!

The short version of my most embarrassing story at WDW is that I got sick on the bus going to Animal Kingdom and had to throw up into my dad's hat.... I still feel so bad about this because the bus was pretty full and of course the hat had some leakage... :crazy2:

I have a few :)

Once my daughter was so tired she feel asleep in her soup at fultons. It didn't even wake her up and I had to save her from drowning and carry her all the way back to the resort asleep. It wasn't even a late night, just the first night.

I also did the bang on someone elses door because I was 1 floor off from my room. In this case, there was the grounds crew making noise so I couldn't even hear myself knock on the door and they were probably yelling who is it on the other side. It's interesting what fake sign language you suddenly discover to try to apologize because you can't hear each other.

My sister one trip kept looking confused when she replaced batteries in her camera. Eventually she declared that this brand is defective because they do not last until the date printed on them. we laughed for hours and keep reminding her still.

We were on a bus going from one park to another. My wife and I were sitting across from a family of 4 with no one else on the bus. It's kind of one of those awkward moments, we're just seconds into the ride, haven't had a chance to chit chat with them. All of a sudden my wife takes a drink from her Starbucks (I know, no food or drink allowed), and in one of those out-of-nowhere-violent-cough moments, she sprayed the two little girls in front of her. After that, 20 minutes of dead silence. If there was a rock on that bus, I would have crawled under it and stayed there until our vacation was over.

I just want to point out that this is NOT a kindness to the 'ladies'... I see a whole lotta of unforgivable unkindnesses at the parks. Come on gals, you ain't gonna be young forever. R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Just wanted to clarify, I do usually wear a bra. Although my boobs could easily be missed, they are still there. Usually the bra is just there for smoke and mirrors though. You know so it seems like I hit puberty.

This is a DCL story. I took my DS (6 at the time) on a 3-night cruise on the Magic. Because I was traveling alone with him, I thought it would be a good idea to do the luggage to airport transfer they offer so we wouldn't have to deal with our luggage at Orlando Airport. So, I packed our bags the night before and left them outside our stateroom door, keeping a set of clothes and toiletries with us for the next day. I wake up the next day and begin to get ready and realize, I had accidentally packed the pair of pants I had intended on wearing for the trip home. Yes, that's right, I had underwear and a shirt, but NO PANTS. I called guest services and they said they would give me a bathrobe and we could disembark the ship and get my pants out of my luggage (if that isn't mortifying enough). I then mentioned that I had done the luggage transfer to the airport. Slight pause on the phone - my luggage is already on its way to the airport. I am crying at this point thinking I'm going to have to go to the airport with no pants on. After a few more conversations with guest services, they managed to find me some pants. I thanked them PROFUSELY. We sailed on the Magic again this past summer and I kept wondering if I am now listed in some DCL database flagging me as the "guest without pants" or perhaps a member of the "Castaway Keister Club".

This is a DCL story. I took my DS (6 at the time) on a 3-night cruise on the Magic. Because I was traveling alone with him, I thought it would be a good idea to do the luggage to airport transfer they offer so we wouldn't have to deal with our luggage at Orlando Airport. So, I packed our bags the night before and left them outside our stateroom door, keeping a set of clothes and toiletries with us for the next day. I wake up the next day and begin to get ready and realize, I had accidentally packed the pair of pants I had intended on wearing for the trip home. Yes, that's right, I had underwear and a shirt, but NO PANTS. I called guest services and they said they would give me a bathrobe and we could disembark the ship and get my pants out of my luggage (if that isn't mortifying enough). I then mentioned that I had done the luggage transfer to the airport. Slight pause on the phone - my luggage is already on its way to the airport. I am crying at this point thinking I'm going to have to go to the airport with no pants on. After a few more conversations with guest services, they managed to find me some pants. I thanked them PROFUSELY. We sailed on the Magic again this past summer and I kept wondering if I am now listed in some DCL database flagging me as the "guest without pants" or perhaps a member of the "Castaway Keister Club".

No pants, flashing on RnRC - your trips sound like a pretty wild party. So the big question - when are you going again? :-)

Falling flat on my face on Main Street at Rope Drop. DH was pushing our stroller at breakneck speed and I was trying to keep up with him and boom. He likes to remind me of this every time we walk down Main Street.

When my older DS was about 18 months he got sick on a super packed bus from MK to POFQ. It was standing room only and I was holding him and trying to hold onto the bar and not fall, when he started throwing up down my back. Apparently he didn't not chew any of the hot dog he had had for dinner and it just went all over the back of me. DH was trying to clean it up, but had no where to put anything so he just started shoving thrown up hot dog pieces in his pockets. Good times.

One trip in particular, I stepped off ME and into the lobby of POP. I immediately starting crying profusely. The anticipation of the trip was built up and finally being there became almost too much to handle. Of course since I'm crying, DH is consoling me, which then caught the attention of a CM- who also came over to console me. After taking a few deep breaths I was able to calm down, but was mortified that anyone other than my DH saw my meltdown.

We were first in line for breakfast at CRT. We were guided behind the ropes cause of course, Cinderella was coming for a greet & picture. Uh...oh, that's something I don't do. How dumb of me to forget the character meals.

We're 2 adults & I don't do character meets in all the years we've done Disney. Only once at Disneyland, I was sitting at a bench waiting for DH & Flick from Toy Story approached me & patted me on the head. Uh....nice, that was cute.

Back to Cinderella, this beautiful girl came in her blue gown & I was overwhelmed. I almost started to cry, how lovely. We were done quickly with the meet & the pic & were guided to our table. DH tells me that Cinderella....she's strong. I said why? He says, when the picture was being taken I put my arm near her back where my arm was. She grabbed it and strongly guided it to the side. He demonstrated the arm stronghold. I laughed so hard I started to cry again. Cinderella must get pinched by the guys. Watch yourselves! Lol.

My husband and I met Ariel in her Grotto. I told her it was our first time meeting a mermaid and she asked if we had any questions. I asked her if mermaids ate tuna fish...she looked at me like I was insane for what felt like forever - then she just said, "No" and we got an awkward photo. I guess she considers herself more of a fish so it was like I was asking her if she was a canibal? It was embarrassing at the time, but now it's just a funny memory.

Me and the family had dinner at the ESPN club totaling around $80 including tip. I thought I left 4 $20 bills on the table but apparently I had one of the bills stuck in my wallet still. I knew something was wrong when the waiter and management flew out of the front doors looking for the culprits that just shorted them. I explained and they understood as I gave them the other $20. My face was more red than the souvenir shirts they sell there :/

My husband and I met Ariel in her Grotto. I told her it was our first time meeting a mermaid and she asked if we had any questions. I asked her if mermaids ate tuna fish...she looked at me like I was insane for what felt like forever - then she just said, "No" and we got an awkward photo. I guess she considers herself more of a fish so it was like I was asking her if she was a canibal? It was embarrassing at the time, but now it's just a funny memory.
That is funny! According to the H2O mergals, it is totally acceptable to be a SeaFoody, thankyouverymuch! My last chat with Ariel (only time in the grotto) her and I chatted about the color fins we have and also how I sew seashells by hand. She was quite perplexed, she said "You don't just get the seashells from the ocean?" I said "Of course they are from the ocean, but they need to be constructed a bit." She asked what colors I had, I told her I had made a set with pink stones, or purple, blue and green stones, etc. She said "You could make me some and I would look like a rainbow fish!" Very fun!

That is funny! According to the H2O mergals, it is totally acceptable to be a SeaFoody, thankyouverymuch! My last chat with Ariel (only time in the grotto) her and I chatted about the color fins we have and also how I sew seashells by hand. She was quite perplexed, she said "You don't just get the seashells from the ocean?" I said "Of course they are from the ocean, but they need to be constructed a bit." She asked what colors I had, I told her I had made a set with pink stones, or purple, blue and green stones, etc. She said "You could make me some and I would look like a rainbow fish!" Very fun!
My husband is dying to ask her if mermaids lag eggs like fish or give live birth like humans. We both agree it's probably just best that we keep our mouths shut, though. :-)

When I was a kid I was in line for Captain EO (the year it was brand new) and there was a large line behind us. We were next, right at the doors when I puked this bright pink strawberry milkshake I had from earlier right in front of the entrance. In my memory, and I don't know if this really happened, the entire line took one big step to the left in unison to avoid the puddle. The CMs were very nice to me and let us sit on a bench inside until the next show. Strawberry milkshakes still make me sick!

My husband is dying to ask her if mermaids lag eggs like fish or give live birth like humans. We both agree it's probably just best that we keep our mouths shut, though. :-)
Nuts! I was with a 26 yr old, no kids, it would have been an ideal time to ask her that! Although I'm sure she'll say that she's only 16, yadda yadda. Still, she did have 6 sisters... I'd have to err on the side of eggs myself. Something about the anatomy doesn't add up for mammal live birth...but what do I know...and Ariel herself only gave birth to a human so...tricky!

Last May, it was our 2nd time using DME (so I have no excuse). I must have had a brain fart during the registration process, and somehow didn't check the box as far as DME and checked bags. So when our new magic bands arrived, we got nice plastic luggage tags but not the yellow luggage tags. I remember thinking that these tags seemed different from last time, but that was it...

Fast forward to our arrival at MCO. My daughter was hyper after the flight and wanted to wear her blankie around her "like Elsa's gown," so I was focused on getting us on the bus. They scanned our MBs, got us on the bus, asked if we had any luggage, and I told them yes, but we just leave them at baggage claim, right? We get on the bus and it isn't until we are on WDW property that the video loops around to the part about the luggage service and I see the yellow paper tags and have my "aha!" moment. Frantically I call the main Disney number and tell them my dopey mistake (after explaining my error to DH), they tell me to let the CMs at the resort know. So we get to the resort and I have to explain (for the 3rd time) what happened. They get on the phone with the Disney luggage people at the airport, where I get to describe our bags the second time, provide checked bag #, and explain for the fourth time how I made such a dopey mistake. Everyone was very nice about it and our bags got to the resort pretty soon after - apparently they'd already set our bags aside when the Disney people pulled all the properly tagged bags and saw our bags go unclaimed.

At least this is one mistake I'll never make again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter