What is your favorite travel company?

Updating for any confusion: I will be planning the trip myself, not using a travel agent. My question though is if I should book all my tours and things through a travel company (i.e. Trafalgar, Adventures by Disney, Tauck, etc), or if I should just sight-see on my own and book all my hotels and things separately.

I would do a mix - some exploring on your own and a couple guided tours. Generally, I like to go with local tour companies, not the big corporate companies like Trafalgar. I just feel like you get a different experience using a small company. Do some research on a site like Tripadvisor and get a feel for what people recommend. In London, for example, we found a great little company that did private walking tours for our family of 4. We learned a lot from a tour like that and the next day, we went back to some of the sites that we wanted to check out for a longer time. :)

Updating for any confusion: I will be planning the trip myself, not using a travel agent. My question though is if I should book all my tours and things through a travel company (i.e. Trafalgar, Adventures by Disney, Tauck, etc), or if I should just sight-see on my own and book all my hotels and things separately.
I think you can personalize the trip more on your own. You can book excursions or cooking classes that work around your schedule. You can certainly compare prices. Where are the tour's hotels located, and do you want a combo of B and B types as well as a small apartment or home, or is a standard hotel room sufficient? Are there children in your party, and if so, what ages? Do you want to have a home base and venture out for day trips outside of London or Paris?

I think you can personalize the trip more on your own. You can book excursions or cooking classes that work around your schedule. You can certainly compare prices. Where are the tour's hotels located, and do you want a combo of B and B types as well as a small apartment or home, or is a standard hotel room sufficient? Are there children in your party, and if so, what ages? Do you want to have a home base and venture out for day trips outside of London or Paris?
This is an adult's only trip, no children. London, Paris, and Disneyland Paris are the points of interest.

I generally don't like doing guided tour type things. I like to take things at my own pace and see exactly what I want to see. I also like to plan the entire trip myself - that is half the fun! But some people just like to book through a tour company and have it all done for them, which also works. That would take a lot of the fun out of it for me though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter