What is your favorite place for lunch in US/IOA?

It wasn't the prices necessarily, but wondering how long it takes. Our friends are bringing their 1 1/2 year old. I'm not sure she will make it though a whole meal! Also, we only have one day in the parks. Should we spend the time in a sit-down place? Or get something quicker so we can experience more?

I want to add to the mix of everyone's suggestions that it depends on what time you go, because depending on what time of the year you go, you could be waiting awhile in line. Then after that fact, you then have to find a place for seating and with the number of members in your party, I'm not sure how easy it will be to find a place where you can all sit together. However, once again, it depends on when you go and what time of day you go. For all I know it could be relatively easy.

I'm not going to suggest a quick service, or sit down restaurant in particular as plenty of others already have, but I just wanted to state this so you keep that in mind. Of course sit down will take a little time, but if anything you'll be able to sit down, relax, and possibly might have a little better quality meal for only a little bit more money. I would imagine with having those kids and you running around the park, it will seem very nice to sit down, take a breather, while you eat would feel nice. Even if you are on a time crunch. If anything, you can order something light, like appetizers, that way it's a little less and takes less time.

Personally for me, I do not eat a lot in one sitting anyway, as we're too busy going on ride to ride and traveling in the parks. With eating a lot, it might weigh you down and if you strain yourself too much you can get sick, especially on a hot day. I typically do not enjoy a big meal until towards the end of the day.

That being said, there are pros and cons for both kinds of restaurants. However, I just wanted to remind you that "quick service" is quick in the sense of you getting the actual food, there are other things that might slow down the process. Also, not all places, but I've been to a lot of places where the food you get is cold at quick service. And quite honestly, it makes me little annoyed when I paid $15 for perhaps just a burger and fries, and it has no flavor and has no warmth. But yet you can get something at Mytho's for probably 10x the quality for the same price. Luckily, the places people have suggested in this post I have never had that problem with.

Our choices are food-specific, as we are vegetarian. So if someone gets something other than what we got, I can't stand by my recommendation. :)

We love the veggie burgers at Richters.
Potato Leek soup and the potato side at 3 Broomsticks are almost always delicious. Though the serving of soup is getting smaller.
I remember my family loving the cheeze pizza at Louie's.
My son had a very strong love for the small cheese pizza at the Kid Zone pizza place.

Boulangerie also if you want something different from the pre made ones

I didn't know that. I assume Blondie's will customize as well? We never got to Blondie's b/c they have no obvious veggie options on the menu, and the one veggie sandwich at Boulangerie was terrible IMO.

Our definitions of great must be different. Universal park food is about as good as the local mall food court. It is good, but nothing as good as a typical state or county fair.

Alternatively, you have bad food courts and astonishingly good fairs? Though come to think of it, my local fair's veggie burger is, in fact, NEARLY as good as the one at Richters.

Yes blondies will customize as well

At boulangerie they do have ready made sandwiches out but I request different bread and topping on mine so they make it fresh as I wait

You can choose the ones in the cooler if that is okay with you

Three Broomsticks and Leaky Cauldron are our favorites. We may not have done any other restaurants in the theme parks on our last trip....we did do some City Walk table service. I really go for the theming. At Three Broomsticks, I love the shepherd's pie and fish and chips. I do not recommend the cornish pasties - they were delicious, but the serving size was too small to sustain me at a theme park (it would have been perfect for a normal Wednesday afternoon lunch). I like everything at Leaky Cauldron except the fisherman's stew.

Ryno and Oliver from the DISUnplugged dined in the Springfield U.S.A. area - check out what they had to say about their lunch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter