what is your favorite DVC WDW property, and why?

we've stayed at almost all mods, deluxes, and DVC resorts, and the BWVs are our absolute favorite.
SSR is 2nd for its wonderful views, serenity, and old town, friendly feel.
we own at both the above, as well as BCV, which we don't care for, as it tends to be noisy (the pool can be a zoo). on the opposite end of the spectrum, we find OKW rooms wonderfully spacious, but the resort itself incredibly boring, and less friendly (both cast and guests).
IMHO, AKV is great for viewing the animals, but not something we want to base a vaca on, and it is remote. for us, VWL is also great for a short stay, but a bit too monotonous for us (fyi, we do not go to the parks daily, but relax most days, and maybe walk to a park or other venue when the mood hits - very relaxing without feelng restricted).
of course, BLT is the best choice if MK is your favorite park. the short walk is nice (not as scenic or restful as from the BWVs to EPCOT or DHS but convenient). the resort itself is a bit austere for our tastes.
to each their own, but after going to WDW since it opened, and staying at most of the resorts, we found the one that has the most amazing perfect combination of everything we could ever wish for :cloud9:

Honestly, you really can't go wrong with any of the DVC properties! My favorite is AKV because I'm such a huge animal lover.

But going by what you want, I would think BWV or BCV would be the best. They are both close to DHS and Epcot so you can walk or take the boat. Everywhere else you would take the bus. There are also so many dining options since there are a total of 5 resorts within walking distance of each other. As far as being kid friendly, I would consider every DVC resort as being kid friendly so you can't go wrong there.

Good luck with whatever you choose. :)

I think any 2 bedroom unit that has the sleeper chair would work for you. We always travel with an "entourage" so it's always a 2 bedroom.

AKV-Kidani has the additional 3rd bathroom which is a joy with a big group.
OKW-Has the most space of any resort, happens to be my favorite.

As far as food, OKW is close to DTD so where many complain about lack of QS, it's not an issue for us at all! Disney transportation is fine, in 12 years, I can only recall 2 late pick-ups or retreivals, from any/all of the resorts I've stayed at.

Good Luck!

So far we have not been disappointed in any WDW resort in which we have stayed. Many times our choice will be based upon what the focus of our visit will be. For Food & Wine we try BC or BW. For an MK focus we consider VWL or BLT. For an every park visit we are partial to OKW which is also our home resort. Since most of our trips involve a visit to all the parks we spend a great deal of time at OKW. I have to ditto what BEASLYBOO and others have said previously about the benefits of OKW. When we first bought in all six of our kids were still at home so space was always an issue with us until we discovered OKW.

what are you looking for - a gv (sleeps 12), 2-bedroom sleeps 9 to 8 depending upon the resort, 1-bedroom sleeps 5 to 4 depending upon the resort, or a studio sleeps 4.

how well do you get along with these other people?

if you get along great then go with the 2-bedroom - OKW, AKV, and BLT are the ones that sleep 9. all great resorts.

although definitely love BLT! of course like it that the monrail (when it works) is the transportation to both the MK and EPcot. although to the MK you can definitely walk there faster.

a studio only sleeps 4 - but if you want privacy that may be the answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter