What is your favorite DVC resort for Christmas decorations?

DVCPAM

Mouseketeer
We were thinking of going through the different resorts to check out the decorations in December.

What are the favorites?

Wilderness Lodge. Just love that HUGE tree in the main lobby of the lodge.

Last year we were at BWV in December....that was pretty also. In fact, I think all the resorts are pretty that time of year!!! But if I had to choose just one, it would be Wilderness Lodge!

Bobbi

In my opinion the best resort holiday decorations are not DVC resorts or at least not exclusively DVC resorts. Each is done in keeping with the general theme of the resort. In order of my preference:

1. WL -- huge tree with that wonderful fireplace
2. AKL -- a spectacular Christmas tree in a spectacular lobby
3. GF -- Huge tree and gingerbread doll house, railroad (check out the main and mezzanine levels
4. BC -- Gingerbread carousel with gilded horses
5. BW -- Gingerbread gazebo
6. Poly -- Gingerbread santa workshop
7. CS -- Gingerbread village with railroad (food court area)
8. PO -- The Mardi Gras motif, while not spectacular, is particularly fun and festive.

Without a doubt the Wilderness Lodge. That is where our picture below was taken at the Villas:D

WL hands down!! (Dont tell anyone but I bet it will be Grannys fav too, and Maistre Gracey if Im not mistaken, but dont take my word for it)

The place just says "CHRISTMAS"

It can be 90 degrees out side but when we drive up to the lodge we feel like we're looking at a Hallmark Christmas card.

Another vote for WL...when you walk into the front lobby, it is breathtaking seeing the tall Christmas tree! We always stop over at the WL when we go down at Christmas!

KNWVIKING

That sounds like a good idea for a Hallmark Christmas card!

Doesnt Disney and Hallmark have connections? You might want to submit that idea! ;) That way we can really spread the cheer that time of year::yes::

We have stayed at the VWL, BCV and BWV at Christmas time and nothing compares to the VWL. It is number 1.

HBC

... I may just do that.

But a couple years ago I e-mailed Disney that I thought it would be great if they had a Visa/MC where we could earn Disney Dollars. I was sent a very legal e-mail about Disney not accepting or even wanting unsolicited ideas. Of course, that was shortly after they got spanked by the courts over WWoS.

Yep, I agree...WL! We like to visit it each trip anyway, but Christmas time is extra special! It also houses our favorite restaurant (Artist Point)!

KNWVIKING

Mmmm........thats interesting. I still say nothing wrong with a good idea, no matter where it comes from::yes::

WL hands down - although since it is new I would expect SSR to really special this year......

all the resorts are decorated - OKW is probably the least others - it would hard to decorate each building - but the members decorate - so expect each building to have a couple of trees and a couple of balconies decorated with lights.

OKW is also lite up - so they can't do much more for Christmas..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter