What is your favorite at each of these places?

mommy2paisley

DIS Veteran
I LOVE trying new restaurants, but I HATE worrying I will order something I don't like and end up not eating, lol. What is your favorite appetizer, meal and/or dessert at each of these places:

Narcoossee's (I can't decide between getting crab cakes for app and cheese plate for dessert or cheese plate for app and a regular dessert.....and thinking about getting the lobster for main dish)

Fulton's (I am def. getting crab legs for main, but what about dessert/app?)

California Grill (all I know is I'm getting the cheese plate here, lol)

Yachtsman Steakhouse (getting cheese plate for app, but that's all I know)

50's Prime Time

Flying Fish Cafe (getting cheese plate here, too)

San Angel Inn (lunch)

Mama Melrose's

Jiko (getting cheese plate here)

Clearly, I like cheese plates and am going to try as many as I can around the world....and I LOVE seafood, too....but I just don't know what to order at these places, either a lot of things look good or nothing looks good but we're eating there for DH.

At Narcoossee's I prefer the filet and lobster tail to the whole lobster. I need the steak to cut through some of the richness of the lobster! The Cali Grill rock shrimp salad is really yummy. At the Yahtsman you can't go wrong with the beef wellington. At 50's prime time the sampler, and I really like mama melrose for the shrimp campanelle.

I LOVE trying new restaurants, but I HATE worrying I will order something I don't like and end up not eating, lol. What is your favorite appetizer, meal and/or dessert at each of these places:

Narcoossee's (I can't decide between getting crab cakes for app and cheese plate for dessert or cheese plate for app and a regular dessert.....and thinking about getting the lobster for main dish)

Fulton's (I am def. getting crab legs for main, but what about dessert/app?) the fish tacos for an app were very good, and the cookie sundae(not sure of the name) was amazing!!!

50's Prime Time The onion rings are very good as an app. Pot Roast is my fav. Entree

San Angel Inn (lunch)

Mama Melrose's Chicken Pipette

Jiko (getting cheese plate here) The Filet w/ Mac & Cheese!!!

Clearly, I like cheese plates and am going to try as many as I can around the world....and I LOVE seafood, too....but I just don't know what to order at these places, either a lot of things look good or nothing looks good but we're eating there for DH.

Also, if you like cheese, I would highly suggest going to the Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar(Epcot,Italy) they have amazing cheese platters!

Narcoossee's (I can't decide between getting crab cakes for app and cheese plate for dessert or cheese plate for app and a regular dessert.....and thinking about getting the lobster for main dish) I love the Surf and Turf (a little bit of lobster and a little bit of steak) :cloud9:

Fulton's (I am def. getting crab legs for main, but what about dessert/app?) Yes, I agree get the crab legs...I had this when we went in Sept and they were the best crab legs I had ever had.

California Grill (all I know is I'm getting the cheese plate here, lol) I always get the tempura sushi (shrimp) appetizer, the Oak Fired Filet, and I get a different dessert...whatever I am in the mood for at the time.

Yachtsman Steakhouse (getting cheese plate for app, but that's all I know) The Filet is really good here and so is the lobster bisque

50's Prime Time I have to get the chicken noodle soup, the Fried Chicken entree and then for dessert the S'mores :cloud9:.

Flying Fish Cafe (getting cheese plate here, too) We have only had dinner once here and I had a surf and turf type meal that included their steak and then the potato wrapped grouper (it was being tested)....I really liked the grouper but didn't care for the steak. Next we eat there I am just going to get the grouper.

San Angel Inn (lunch) DH and I had lunch here in June on our "Adult only" trip and we both had the chicken enchiladas...they were spicy but really good.

Mama Melrose's - I really enjoy the flatbreads and the chicken parm.

Jiko (getting cheese plate here) We haven't eaten here....yet therefore I cannot comment.

My responses are in RED. I think you will enjoy these restaurants. We have been to these many times except for Jiko which we haven't tried yet and Flying Fish (we do plan on returning here). I am like you...I love fish and seem to always get that when it is on the menu, however Disney really makes a great Filet that I cannot resist either. Good luck choosing and have a great time :goodvibes.

see below:

Yachtsman Steakhouse (getting cheese plate for app, but that's all I know) Yachtsman served a wonderful cheese plate in October...I think it was my favorite ever!

50's Prime Time

Flying Fish Cafe (getting cheese plate here, too) Red Snapper...hands down.

San Angel Inn (lunch) I really enjoy Pollo A Las Rajas - grilled chicken breast served over red peppers, onion strips, cream sauce, and fresh cheese

Mama Melrose's

Jiko (getting cheese plate here) The appetizers are the star of the show at Jiko. If you are on the dining plan...save the cheese plate for dessert and get one of the flatbreads, the wild boar, the bobotie rolls or anything really for your appetizers. I've enjoyed the desserts at Jiko...but Jiko is the only restaurant I like returning to over and over again...and it because of the appetizers.

Poohsfan1-Were you at Flying Fish recently and got the Turf n Surf? I've seen a couple people mention it on the boards, but have never seen it on a menu...wondering if it will be available for my january trip?

TIA!!

I LOVE trying new restaurants, but I HATE worrying I will order something I don't like and end up not eating, lol.

Narcoossee's (I can't decide between getting crab cakes for app and cheese plate for dessert or cheese plate for app and a regular dessert....

Jiko (getting cheese plate here)

Clearly, I like cheese plates

I read parts of your post and thought it was cute. And I'm sure Mickey loves cheese too. :goodvibes

Narcoossee's - Lobster Spring roll (this is so good) and the crispy snapper

Fulton's - I don't eat crab of any kind! Ahi Tuna Nicoise or Yellow Tail Snapper and I love the Grits

California Grill - Haven't eaten there since menu change!

Yachtsman Steakhouse - I could make a meal on the appetizers alone, Ahi Crudo, The Escargot and the Charcuterie Platter - adn then a NY Strip w/ peppercorn sauce (love the sauce)

50's Prime Time - For many years I was torn between the Fried chicken and Port Roast till I got a tip on the DIS, get the combo, ixnay the meatloaf, get 2 sides of Pot Roast & one of chicken

Flying Fish Cafe - Tuna Tartare, Potato Crusted Red Snapper

San Angel Inn (lunch) Never had lunch, only dinner, Chile Relleno's

Mama Melrose's - Not a fan!

Jiko - Loved it, but now I'm on a Sanaa kick! But the short ribs are very tasty!

I grill at home, steaks etc. but my son's not too much of a fish fan so that's what I eat when we eat out!

Narcoossee's - Another vote for the Surf N Turf, it's very good. We'll be there next week and that's what I'll be having!:thumbsup2

At Narcoossee's I really like the calamari and the whole steamed lobster. The baked chocolate mousse is also really good, but really rich.

Poohsfan1-Were you at Flying Fish recently and got the Turf n Surf? I've seen a couple people mention it on the boards, but have never seen it on a menu...wondering if it will be available for my january trip?

TIA!!

When we ate there, it was in May 2011. It is not on the regular menu, however when we were there, our server told us that that was a special they were doing and would only be available for a limited time. He said they were testing it out to people who were on the DDP because it included 2 of their most popular entrees. As far as it being available for your trip, I am not sure. You will have to wait until you go and either ask about it or wait until your server mentions it to you once you get seated. Sorry I couldn't be too much help. Like I said before I loved the Surf part of it, but could easily do away with the Turf part.

Edit: In my original post to the OP, I called the Surf part of the Surf N' Turf at Flying Fish the Potato Wrapped Grouper, when in actuality it is the Potato Wrapped Red Snapper. Anyway, I really enjoyed that and will be having that again the next time we dine there.

We LOVED the fried chicken at 50s Prime Time. DH had the combo dish and liked the chicken as much as the pot roast which is a go to dish for him. He even ate half of my chicken serving.

At Fultons the Alaska king crab was to die for, very expensive but we were on the DDP so it was ok lol. The hot skillet chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream is also amazing!

I second the enchiladas at San Angel, and if you don't like them spicy, the spice is almost all in the sauce so get it without! I also loved the tortilla soup... ate every last bit of it, would have licked the bowl if it wasn't gross and rude lol

Welcome and may I say I also LOVE Mrs. Beasley and your profile icon. Such wonderful memories come back when I think of her. <3 <3 <3 I'll chime in where I have experience. How fun for you to get to stay soo long!

California Grill (all I know is I'm getting the cheese plate here, lol) I had the goat cheese ravioli and loved it but it is very strong. I also enjoyed the pork tenderloin but it also has a goat cheese polenta and it was goatcheese overkill. Wish I'd gone with the scallops. Next time! And I had the Valhorna Chocolate cake and though I was obscenely full I still savored every bite.

50's Prime Time I've had the meatloaf, pot roast and fried chicken here and all were delicious but for me a little heavy for lunch when there's a lurch in my future on RNRC or TOT. I LOVED the PB&J Milkshake and make them at home for the kiddo and was really disappointed with the S'mores dessert. It just didn't trip my trigger. It had all the components except for dirty ashy marshmallows roasted over a campfire that makes the S'more for me. Hubby had the no sugar added cheesecake and didn't care for it and we all just looked at him and said "No Sugar" Duh! My niece had the cobbler (think it was apple but I've slept since then) and my DS18 LOVED the brownie sundae but it's pretty hard to mess up brownie, ice cream, whipped topping etc. :)

San Angel Inn (lunch) again I was trying to go lighter as I hate to feel too full as I tour. I had the Pollo al las Rajas and it was delicious and flavorful and just right serving size wisee. DH had Mahi Mahi and enjoyed it. I'm not a swimmer fan so I didn't taste it. We split a flan for dessert and it was smooth and carmely. Not sure I would write home about it but I wouldn't complain about it either.

Mama Melrose's Ate here as part of the Fantasmic Package. It was just fine. Not memorable though. I honestly don't remember what we had so that might give you an idea of how important of a location it is. So..that's my two cents worth. Enjoy your trip,

Hope you have a magical trip full of delicious cheeses and plenty of time with the Big Cheese too!

Narcoossee's - Enjoyed the crab cake and the calamari. Had the filet and lobster as an entree and it was great!

Fulton's - DH had the lobster corn dogs, I had the crab cake. I hated I didn't get the lobster corn dogs. They were soooo good! If you change your mind on the crab legs, the Narragansett lobser was out of this world, subbed the potatoes with asparagus. Really good!:thumbsup2

California Grill - MIL had the rock shrimp salad that was better than our sushi apps. I enjoyed the scallop entree. In our opinion, the filet here was the weakest.

Yachtsman Steakhouse - Best entrees of our trip. Wasn't really fond of their apps, we had the lobster bisque and the chicken noodle soup. They both were salty (and I love salt, so that says alot) but if I had to choose it would be the chicken noodle soup for an app. I had the ribeye and DH had the Porterhouse. I didn't care for the truffle mac & cheese that everyone raves about.

50's Prime Time - I really liked the crab cake here. The fried chicken was just ok. Nothing else really stood out.

ETA: Its been a while since our last visit to Flying Fish, I only remember the crab cakes and NY strip being good. Can't comment on the other as we haven't tried them....yet.

You sound like me! I LOVE cheese and I would get the cheese plate an every place I could if I were you. Unfortunatley, I can't indulge right now because I am pregnant and anything unpasturized, not made in the US, containing mold (BASICALLY ANYTHING YUMMY) IS A NO NO!!

Narcoossee's - If it were me, I'd get the cheese plate for dessert. The lobster and corn bisque is super yummy, so I'd get that as my app! Oh and the lobster and filet as an entree

Fulton's - I agree, the crab legs are great and I would also get them for my entree. I've had the Mussels and Clams as an app and they are absolutely wonderful. I've also had the Lobster Bisque. It is also a winner. I'm not big on dessert, so I've never ordered one at fultons (or had the room to order one) :)

California Grill - I usually get sushi at California grill, although my go-to item is not on the menu anymore which is the Snake in the grass roll. I don't know if Yoshie will make it if you ask. Sometimes she will.

Yachtsman Steakhouse - I usually get the same thing here. The Lobster Bisque as an app and the filet with a side of truffle mac & cheese and creamed spinach for the table to share. The Banana Napoleon is not to be missed! It's amazing!!!

50's Prime Time - Cant go wrong with the sample platter here. A PB&J milkshake is a MUST!!!! SO YUMMY!!!!

Flying Fish Cafe - so many good thing to eat here. It's hard to pick. The mussles are the best on property if you want my opinion. The calamari is also wonderful. The dipping sauce makes the whole thing. The tomato and mozzarella is another favorite. It's very refreshing. Flying Fish changes up their menu a bit so they could also have some very good soups depending on what's being offered when you go. Depending on what I have as an app, my entree varries from either the NY strip or a special. Sometimes they have a pasta dish that I could order if it sound good. It just depends. The Banana Napoleon is outstanding. I also recommend the cheese plate here as a dessert.

San Angel Inn (lunch) - No recommendations. Haven't been in a very long time

Mama Melrose's - No recommendations. Haven't been in a very long time

Jiko - agree with previous poster who said the apps are really great here! I had the cheese plate recently (pre pregnancy) and really enjoyed it. I also like the Crispy Beef "Bobotie" Roll and Tibs in Brik. The filet is good here but the star was the Mac and Cheese that they use to serve with it. Now they serve Risotto which in my opinion does not even come close.

I'm with ya on the cheese plates, sister. :thumbsup2 You've chosen lots of the places were are planning on going, too!

I had the potato wrapped snapper at Flying Fish and was pleasantly surprised. One of the best seafood dishes I have ever eaten.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter