~What Is Your Attraction To Walt Disney World?~

disneyworld!

<font color="87005b">Love, Peace & Mickey.....and
Is it the rides? is it the atmosphere? what is it that makes you to keep going back?

For me, my love for the man himself. Walt, I have a stronge interest in the History behind. I find it exstremely interesting how and what they are thinking as far as imagineering etc. so I guess the idea behind the whole thing!
and it helps me to exscape from reality and to "regroup" I will always feel safe and comfortable here........it is my Home! :wizard:

disneyworld! said:
Is it the rides? is it the atmosphere? what is it that makes you to keep going back?

::yes:: EVERYTHING!!! I LOVE Walt Disney, also!!

It is funny that you ask this as DH Dad just asked us today why we keep going to the same place. Why don't we go somewhere different, why don't we explore, why don't you go back to Jamaica? He looked at his Dad and said it is the one place that my wife and I can go to and enjoy each other, we can be kids again, we can have fun. I got mad and told DH he should have told Dad to mind his own business as their idea of a vacation was leaving kids with Grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. and going by themselves. The kids then vacationed with the neighbors, lol. For me I can go and be a kid and enjoy the magic. It makes me happy and makes my soul feel good and I can regroup and feel whole again. Weird? :wizard:

I don't know if I can really explain. When I'm at WDW there is no "real world". I don't worry about reality, I escape.

The idea that such a fabulous place came out of the imagination of an artist. Obviously he understood how much we need to play (in these times more than ever). It just seems to be the embodiment of Eleanor Roosevelt's statement (I think but I've been known to make a mistake or two or three)..."The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

I'ts a place where everyone can be a kid again, I'ts just a special magical place. No place else like it on earth. I feel like I am at home when I'm there. :wizard:

The "Magic" of Disney is hard to explain to those who don't get it. It's the way I feel when I'm there. It's spending time with my best friend (who is also my DH - Mark). It is great shows, good food, spending time in our "Home Away From Home", parades, everything. I love Disney (both WDW and Disneyland). :love:

It's one of the few places where I feel I should be exactly where I am. When I'm not there, it's like a beacon, calling to me.

Its everything. Its... just MAGIC! Its the only place that makes my eyes tear up a bit just walking through the front entrance.

I miss the music when I'm away from WDW! I love how it is everywhere you go down there. I got a new CD player for at work so now I can listen to all my Disney music there and drive everyone nuts! :D

TC :cool1:

browneyes said:
When I'm not there, it's like a beacon, calling to me.
That is a great way of putting it, Shannon ::yes::.

For me it is the overall atmosphere. I love the architecture, the horticulture, the cleanliness, the attention to detail, and the attitude of the place. It is an attempt at a Utopia, where good always overcomes evil.

But sometimes, when I am there and wandering around alone for some reason, it makes me feel lonely :(. I guess it is seeing all the couples, parents, children. Part of my joy comes from being with people I love - my family and some of my dear DIS friends.

I love the whole atmosphere, being surrounded by happy people, and the escape from reality that I get there. There is no other place that I feel as good visiting.

:flower1:

There's so many reasons, I just love the atmosphere and the break from the "real world"... I just feel like I am in total bliss when I am there !! :flower1:

disneyworld! said:

For me, my love for the man himself. Walt, I have a stronge interest in the History behind. I find it exstremely interesting how and what they are thinking as far as imagineering etc. so I guess the idea behind the whole thing!
and it helps me to exscape from reality and to "regroup" I will always feel safe and comfortable here........it is my Home! :wizard:

It's Disney and thats enough for me. I LOVE Disney and have ever since I was little. This will be my first trip and I'm so excited I could explode.

For me, WDW is a state of mind, not just a place! :wave:

Its my heaven on earth. Its the place I feel safe with my kids, where we have the best fun, where its clean, smoke free (in most places) and gives you the greatest 'feel good' atmosphere of anywhere I have ever been. Even in Epcot where there arent many ride type attractions, it feels the same. Totally magical.

There are other places I want to see - Australia, Indonesia, and the whole of the USA. But we have so much fun at WDW.

My dh used to ask me that very question. But, now he is an affirmed DisneyNut too. After a trip with another family that didn't go so well, he went with just my dd and myself. As he says...it's the only place he can vacation that has everything he wants/needs. He can relax, go to a park, eat, swim. Whatever. There is always something new to see or do. We have tried other vacation spots but none work the way WDW does. It is indeed, a 'Disney frame of mind', an attitude, a truly magical place where you can forget the day to day nonsense back home, and make some wonderful, always to be remembered, family memories.

nativetxn said:
I don't know if I can really explain. When I'm at WDW there is no "real world". I don't worry about reality, I escape.

I think that's our reason, too. You just step into another world. That's one reason we love staying at WL. It's hard to believe you're still in Florida there.

For me, it just feels like home. For a while, it felt a little too much like home. I was there during Floyd, and shortly after that my BIL committed suicide. It was the last time I saw him alive, so returning there was tough. I did return again on Feb. 2, 2003, when while waiting for a sonic boom from Columbia, we were hit with the devastaing news of her demise. Needless to say, our visit was marred again, and the entire place was deeply saddened and no fun at all, despite our efforts to remain upbeat. I really could have cared less about returning. Then we did return on a whim in November. The place was packed and wait times were hours long. Somehow, the Magic was lacking. However, we did carry on and as were did, we began to rediscover how wonderful WDW is. We had a great time, smiled alot, and renewed our faith in what was our home away from home. I really can't wait to return, but am afraid with the move out west, I will have to keep my most recent memories close, as it will not ba an easy trip anymore. Kind of makes me sad, but I am glad I worked through all the darkness that had surrounded my associations with WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter