What is your absolute most favorite moment of being on a Disney ship?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Disney1fan2002, Sep 15, 2018 at 10:33 PM.

1. Disney1fan2002

Disney1fan2002 <font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to

Mine is the magical horn, signaling the sail away from the port. I know the newer ships have more sounds, but the "simple" When You Wish Upon a Star on the Magic and Wonder just makes me giddy like a child. That moment, right there, and how I feel when I hear it is why I pay what I pay to cruise Disney. It is AWESOME.

ChicosWife, zebsterama, NZMUM and 6 others like this.
  2. darnheather

darnheather DIS Veteran

Meeting my servers. I know that I'm going to be completely taken care for the next week.

cheshie6, zebsterama and cvaska like this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

4. GatorMomInNC

GatorMomInNC DIS Veteran

Walking around the ship late at night when everyone else is gone to bed - the lobby and the deck, especially.

chirogrrl, zebsterama, Mitura and 6 others like this.
  5. TestingH2O

TestingH2O DIS Veteran

When I finish unpacking. I know that once those suitcases slide away, it's all play and I'll be well taken care of.

6. FigmentSpark

FigmentSpark DIS Veteran

Seeing my kids so enthused about being on a family trip... right before they race off to their respective clubs, only to be seen again at supper time.

Also, the balcony and the ability to just go get food whenever without thinking about it. And the movies, shows and ambiance. Oh yeah, and the soft bed. :angel:

7. DCLCrazy64622

DCLCrazy64622 Mouseketeer

When they announce our family name and they all clap. I always feel so welcomed and like a VIP. No other cruiseline does that.

8. bigAWL

bigAWL DIS Veteran

Finding an open washer or dryer.

...and a close second is...

Spotting the ship for the first time as we approach the port.

9. Otimon

Otimon DIS Veteran

Sitting on our verandah very early in the AM, still in my PJ's , and enjoying that first cup of coffee while taking in the sights and sounds of the sea!

10. Dug720

Dug720 DIS Veteran

This! Even as an adult I get choked up. In 2017 when I took my parents on the Magic, I was crying so hard Darrell (one of the activities staff) came over and was all "Oh, it's ok!!" and gave me a hug. I had to assure him it was happy tears. :)

zebsterama and southerngirl528 like this.
  11. Delrea

Delrea Mouseketeer

Mine is hearing the horn too! I had it as a ringtone on my cellphone and it drove my kids nuts! I couldn't understand it!

12. CT Yankee

CT Yankee Mouseketeer

I have this as my ringtone on my phone.

13. CT Yankee

CT Yankee Mouseketeer

Gosh it sure is hard to come up with just one - but I would have to say that getting up early and watching the sun rise over the ocean. I was actually surprised by how many people do that.

zebsterama likes this.
  14. CT Yankee

CT Yankee Mouseketeer

That's a competition we have as we drive to the port - the first one to spot the ship "wins."

15. dcassetta

dcassetta DIS Veteran

Watching Castaway Cay come in to view.

16. MissDaisyofTexas

MissDaisyofTexas DIS Veteran

It is hard to pick just one thing. For me, I don't truly relax until we sit down for dinner that first night. The first afternoon feels so hectic with checking in, eating lunch, touring the kids' clubs, muster drill, sail away party, etc. But once we sit down for that first dinner, things seem to slow down and I can finally say "Ahhhhhhh".

17. vakamalua

vakamalua DIS Veteran

Since our first cruise in 1979, my husband and I sing 'The Love Boat' theme as we walk up the gangway--applies to every cruise, not just DCL. EVERY one of our 30+ cruises have been magical.

18. Corfam

Corfam Cruiseketeer

I have two favorite moments on embarkation day that mark the beginning of the cruise for me. The first is when I first see the ship as we are driving into the port. The second is when I sit down in Cabanas just after boarding with a big plate of jumbo shrimp.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018 at 10:45 AM
    runskyhy, zebsterama, Mich123 and 3 others like this.
  19. Cruising Engineer

Cruising Engineer Mouseketeer

I love the ringtone. People ask "what's that" and I say "The Mouse sent me an e-mail".
    My favorite moment is waking up the next morning (after the excitement of embarkation day) going on the veranda, in my PJs, listening to the water splashing as the ship powers ahead and smelling the salt air. There's nothing like that here in New Mexico.

20. DCLCrazy64622

DCLCrazy64622 Mouseketeer

I have the intercom announcement tone (notifying you there’s an announcement getting ready to be made) as my text message notification. I love it!

21. TestingH2O

TestingH2O DIS Veteran

That's an awesome idea!