What is there to do, that doesn't cost much...

lsmac

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>Sly yet brilliant
Our flight (that I am looking at now) doesn't leave until 10:20 pm on the Sat we return...is there anything worth doing in Orlando that doesn't cost a fortune, but would take up some time???

Lisa

(again, I am waiting for BD to comment on this title):)

On the days when we have had late flights we have done the Kennedy Space Center and shopped the outlets in Orlando. Both ended up costing more than I expected. This next trip I plan to take the family to the Orlando Science Center.

WE are going to check out gatorland....now if you were still my best buddy and comming on my trip instead of before me I would take you with me..but.......... :(

{guilt trip over now...}
How about sea world or universal? Those are full day places, I know seaworld had a deal going a while ago that was fairly reasonable. Gatorland is only a half day event from what I can gather.....or you could spend the day at the beach...

Ann....ok, I am sufficiently feeling guilty here.:) But look at this way, I can go before you to check out all the changes and make sure everything is ok...:)
Gatorland is where? I checked Universal and IOA and they are VERY costly for one day...like almost $160 for the three of us!

NCRedding: What is the Orlando Science center and where is it from the Port? That sounds interesting.

Thank you for the ideas (but not for the guilt...LOL)

Lisa

www.gatorland.com
it is not far from the port or airport,... they have gator shows, food etc.. Mike really likes gators so we are going to do that.. I can point you towards the discount tickets if you choose to go.

Thanks Ann! So get to pointing...where are some discount tix? Ryan loved Reptile Gardens in SD, I amsure he would like this as well.

Lisa

Orlando Science Center 777 E. Princeton St., appears to be north of the airport, north of the Florida Turnpike and East West Expressway. AAA guidebooks say that there is an exibit on theme park special effects, and a walk thru human body model. The cost is about $15 for adults $10 for kids. There is also a Cinedom theater/planetarium. I remember looking at it online, but can't remember the site. Found It: osc.org.

NCRedding: Thank you for the info, it looks interesting I will check out the website.

Lisa

What is the cost of the Kennedy Space Center, and what does the cost of admission include? Is it worth the cost?

http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/html/general_info.html

...should give you the general picture, cost etc. We visited last year and loved it, but I've heard people who were a bit luke-warm about space stuff feel that it was a bit boring! If you like Star Trek etc you should have a ball! 2 highlights for us 1. meeting a REAL astronaut and 2. standing under the saturn 5 exhaust!

Ann - is the discount ticket youre referring to the discount coupon on the Gatorland website? DS11 loves watching crocodile hunter and would be interested in Gatorland. Our plane doesnt leave until 7pm.

I will have to dig out my notes but I believe the best price for gatorland I found was on www.ticketmania.com.
I will try to check after school today but I am pretty sure that is where I found the best deal.

Ann, THank you for the websites!:) I am still trying to get an earlier flight though! I will have been gone from my girls for a week, and I always want to get right home after the cruise to see them! LOL

Lisa

What about downtown Disney or Universal City Walk? Both are free to get in, and I love just cruising around checking things out.

I thought that the Titanic exhibit was great. Also, the Holy Land Experience, and Ripley's believe it or not.There is discount tickets every where in orlando for these.

I know, asking what there is to do in Orlando is pretty lame, since it is probably one the most attraction intensive places, but I never knew about some of these.

For instance, where is the Titanic exhibit? The Holy Land Experience? THose both sound interesting.

Lisa

Ismac - check out the science center - there is an agreement amongst most science centers in the country (and I know that Orlando participates in this, as their previous director is in my city now) that if you have a membership to another science center somewhere, you can use that for free entry into any other science center.

This would be a rather inexpensive excursion, even if you had to buy a science center membership - ours cost $35.00 per year for a family membership --

Another suggestion, and one that our family always does when we are in Orlando, is to resort hop at WDW - especially if you will be there during the holiday season to see all of the decorations, etc. You can park at DTD and take a bus - plan your route so that you can take one of the boats in the MK area, monorail, etc. A great freebie trip that my girls always enjoy!!

Have fun!

Grumpy's Mom, thank you for the great ideas!

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter