What is the name of the golf course at OKW?

TheWho

DIS Veteran'
I'm looking to play one day in May (traveling alone) and I figured I try the course near OKW (I'm a BW owner). Any info would be appreciated, can I rent clubs? is the course fun?

thanks

It's called the Lake Buena Vista Golf Course. In May it will run between $60 and $90 to play a round.

The name of the course is Lake Buena Vista. It is a great course
and has one island hole. Yes you can rent clubs at the pro shop.
I would recommend you try it.

If you're a DVC member, it's my understanding that you can buy a badge and play after 10:00am for $35 a round. And at that time of year, you can make ressies up to 90 days in advance. And you make the ressies now, but don't actually buy the badge until the day you first play. The badge is good for 1 year from the time you first play. At least that's what MS told us-DH is a big golfer. Someone tell me if that's not true.

That's true, but it is only cost effective if you are going to play multiple rounds in that time period. It wouldn't make sense to buy the badge just for a one-time thing.

You're right, I'm 99% sure this will be the only time I will be playing this year (I'm going to BW in July, but I'll be with the family). I guess the DVC discount does me no good and I'll have to pay the $90+ green fees and cost of rental clubs. The discount seems like a good deal if you're bringing a bunch of people, since they all seem to benefit from the discount.

thanks

You may want to check course closure dates for May at Marc's WDW golf site at www.wdwgolf.com.

We couldn't play Lake Buena Vista due to closure dates in late May. Got on at Osprey Ridge and Eagle Pines instead.

You have a number of choices--Lake Buena Vista, Palm, Magnolia, Osprey Ridge and Eagle Pines. Someone posted there would be a number of closings during May (maintenance, aeriation etc.) You can rent clubs--Calaways, $45 plus tax for steel shaft, $60 plus tax for graphite; obviously much cheaper to bring your own.

Golf Digest just recently listed WDW as the 34th best golf resort in the US (which is high considering competition). Particularly pointed out was Osprey Ridge. It is by far the best course there--most memorable holes and two of the best finishing holes you will ever see; it is actually closer to BW than Lake Buena Vista. It is also the most expensive followed by Eagle Pines, Magnolia, and Palm and Lake Buena Vista which are the cheapest. If you are a Disney Club or National Car Emerald Club member you can get 20% off the round cost. As to the DVC discount mentioned above, don't bother doing that unless you are going to play multiple times. You have to buy a golf card, about $91 with tax, that is good for year and then you use that card to get the discount; as a result you need to play a number of times to make up for the cost of the card.

Great inputs from everyone above. Thanks for the links, they're exactly what I needed.
However, one more thought. Since I'm going to a conference, I'm staying at the Dolphin. (I'll miss the BW:( ) Am I considered a disney guest ? This is important when making tee time and cost of playing. BTW drusba, I am a DC member which is sweet discount. I'm definetly leaning towards LBV, just to be near a DVC resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter