What is the difference between Disneys Maingate East & Maingate West.

tjp78

Earning My Ears
What is the difference between the maingate east & maingate west.

Which is better & Why?

These are areas located off Disney property. To get more responses, I'm moving this thread to the Orlando area hotels board.

:)

tjp78 said:
thank you i am sorry to have posted in the wrong place

Not a problem! I just wanted you to get the most responses possible. :)

Happy Planning! :sunny:

Tjp78 ~
Hi. I was holding off on posting because I was hoping someone who knew more than I would give you an informative reply. Here's what I know. They are both Holiday Inn hotels, though I think the Maingate East was bought out and is now Seralago Hotel & Suites : http://www.familyfunhotel.com/ I've never stayed here, but I did stay at Maingate West in '99. It was your basic Holiday Inn---no frills. Our room on the 6th floor had just recently been renovated and we found it very clean but basic (at least in '99 it was). The carpet/paint and wallpaper border all looked new. The bathroom appeared to have a new tub and toilet. Children 12 and under were "eat free" with a paying adult (same with Maingate East). Not sure if they still do that. I *think* Maingate East is a tad closer to WDW than Maingate West is ? Not by too much though....maybe 5-10 min I'd guess. Here is the website to Maingate West : http://www.enjoyfloridahotels.com/holiday-inn-downtown-disney.html
I believe Maingate East offers suites, while Maingate West does not ? Hoping someone with more recent experience can help you out further. Hope this helped a little.

We have stayed at the Comfort Suites Maingate East twice now. The last time was in November '04. It has not changed ownership - I checked the choicehotels.com site and it is still listed is not the hotel on the site above.

Anyway, we really liked the hotel. The price is great, as is the breakfast. The rooms have 2 doubles or queens (not sure) and a sleeper sofa as well as a mini-kitchen - small frig and microwave. We will stay here again.

If you are interested in booking it, book it first on the choicehotels.com site and then check around for a cheaper rate - try www.hotelmartusa.com
You must then submit a form to get your rate lowered - they will give you a rate 10% lower than the lowest rate you found online. I believe you have to submit the form within a certain amount of your online booking.

I think it means which side of the 192 exit to Disney (east or west side)

I agree with DianeV...I think Maingate East refers to the area to the east of WDW maingate (World Drive), and Maingate West refers to the area to the west of that road. There are a number of hotels that use the terms "maingate east" or "maingate west" in their names, including Holiday Inn, Travelodge, etc. It can be confusing!

We have stayed at the Comfort Suites Maingate East twice now. The last time was in November '04. It has not changed ownership - I checked the choicehotels.com site and it is still listed is not the hotel on the site above.
The Maingate East hotel (and website) I was referring to was a Holiday Inn not a Comfort Suites ? I almost stayed there in '99, but instead went with Maingate West so I do know it used to be there. When I referred the OP to the website for Maingate East, the street address does indeed match up with the old Holiday Inn Maingate East that I recalled being there. But now it's under a new name. And when you call the 800# on the website I listed, it does indeed correlate to where the old Holiday Inn Maingate East used to be which is 5678 West 192 (or Irlo Bronson Mem Highway). So I still feel it was renamed ?

Maingate East is located around the International Drive area and Maingate West is located around the other end of Kissimme around the #9 mile marker. This is off the top of my head, so don't kill me if I'm way off on this. The jest of this is resorts add east or west to the name sometimes to help in your planning process. I've done both ends and each has advantages. Hope I helped.

I am sorry didn't make my self very plain. I always see were some hotels are saying they are located at the maingate East & Maingate West. Which is better to stay at. Which is closer to downtown disney.

I like the hotels generally in West better than East -

the dividing line seems to be Disney World exit (first one) -

to get close to DD - then you are much further down US 192 - almost to the town of Kissimmee - anything around - where 535 meets US192 East and before.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Maingate
County Inn & suities Orlando Maingate
AmeriSuites Lake Buena Vista South
Red Roof Inn
Holiday Villas
on the side of US 192 going toward kissimmee
Golden Link Motel (very, very Cheap)
Quality Inn & Suites
Sun Inn & suites
on the other side of us 192
Super 8 Motel Orlando/Kissimmee Lakeside
Palm Lakefront resort & hostel

Confirming the above: Maingate is the original entrance off 192 (the one that leads directly north to MK. The area west of that is considered MAAINGATE WEST and hotels (and restaurants) in that area will attach that to their names. East of that entrance there's a little undeveloped area (Disney property?) and then the hotels begin again: that's MAINGATE EAST. Kissimmee itself is much further east.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter