• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the best way to book a split stay?

turningleaf

Mouseketeer
Should I do it online or call Disney?

I'd prefer to do it online, but...does this mean I'll have two reservation numbers? Will I have two reservation numbers regardless whether I do it online or call? Does it matter? Do you pay for them separately when you book?

What, if any, issues come up with a split stay reservation? This is my first time attempting it. How does charging to the room key work for example? Thanks!

I prefer to book by phone. You will have 2 res # either way, they are 2 sep. reservations, requiring 2 deposits.

I don't know if you are doing room only, or adding tickets on to your reservation. But if you are adding tickets, put length of stay tickets on your first res. and then room only on 2nd res. You will have to use your KTTW card from first stay to get into the parks, as that is the one your park tickets are on.
I'd take a marker, and dot it so you can easily tell which one has the park tickets on.

It doesn't matter if you book online or call as you will have 2 confirmation numbers either way since it's 2 separate reservations. Disney doesn't recognize it as a split stay, just 2 separate reservations. You will need to pay 2 deposits when booking (1 night room rate + tax for room only for each reservation or $200 for each package). For room charging, you will have to set that up upon check in at each resort. Once your stay is over at the first resort, your balance (if any) will be charged to your cc; you will then have to set up charging at the 2nd resort when you check in. The only issue I can think of that you might run into with a split stay is that since check out is 11:00, you may be without a room for part of the day when checking into the 2nd resort as your room may not be ready until later in the afternoon. Good luck and happy planning :wizard:.

Thanks for such quick replies! It's nice to have confirmation that Disney basically treats it as 2 diff reservations - because it gives me the freedom to book one resort even if I haven't decided what the other one will be!

We have AP's so park tickets won't be a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter