What is the best time for stingray encounter at CC?

dunnhorn

I'd rather be at Castaway Cay
Hi DISboarders...

Looking for advice/opinion on the best time to do the stingray encounter at CC. Before lunch? After lunch? There will be 4 of us and kids are 5 and 7. Thanks in advance!

Well, we just returned from a 4 day Wonder cruise and I booked the 3:00 p.m. Sting Ray for my three kids and we were the only ones doing the class!!! More one on one time I say.

Someone gave the advice to book 1st thing so if it rains or something comes up you have all day to rebook? We booked it for 11:00am.

You want to book first thing because after several groups the water is very cloudy. They teach you how to walk using a shuffle step so you don't step on the rays and this causes a lot of sediment to be stirred up. You get time to snorkel afterwards and you couldn't hardly see them. Also, when we were there last year, at our 1:00 time, they weren't very hungry anymore. The CM had a hard time getting them to some into the trough-thingie to feed.

Not a very good pic but you can get an idea of how murky the water is - can't see anyones feet...

P6020032.jpg

But it was still very interesting. Have a great time!

We're booked for 10am. I did have 9am but didn't want to have to rush off the ship to get there in time. Should I change back to 9am or is 10 still good?

Wondering same thing. Also, I noticed snorkel gear on kids in the picture. Is this something you need to rent separately or what?

They provide all the gear you will need. Bring some Crocs or water shoes if your feet are sensitive (little rocky bottom).
I think 10 am would be good, you don't want to have to rush. Also further back the water is clearer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter