What is still hard to find?

I went food shopping this morning - New England supermarket chain Market Basket. No more limits on paper products! But limit of two on wipes/disinfecting products (which I couldn't find any) and meats. A huge section of the meat cases were instead filled with gallons of water.
My small(ish) neighbourhood grocer had wipes yesterday for the first time since early March. Limit 1 per family. They’re not Clorox or Lysol but some enviro-friendly organic brand I’ve never heard of. They weren’t prohibitively expensive so I grabbed one to keep in the car.

My stepdaughter went to Walmart this morning to pick up our granddaughter's birthday case, and she said the milk case was empty except for 1 gallon of milk? She said the price was also up from the $1.25 a gallon it's been for a long time, and is now $2.15. She asked the dairy guy, and he said all Walmart's are having issues getting stuff from their warehouses? I haven't seen that case empty anytime I have been in there. It was packed full last Saturday. Maybe if they would impose limits on it, they wouldn't run out by mid afternoon?

It was a good day! I found yeast, bread flour and a big container of Lysol disinfecting wipes today.

Yah for you!!! Wish we could find wipes, haven't seen any brand in almost 2 months now. I have one unopened container left and we are using that sparingly

Hand sanitizer is still a bit hard to find. I'll see it at a local Target occasionally, and they have a limit on purchases of one per customer.

I actually found some at a 99 Cents Store Only. It was some generic brand, but the prices were actually much higher than their typical $1 price for almost everything. They had 8 oz bottles for $3.99 and 12 oz bottles for $4.99. We already had a case of overpriced hand sanitizer so we didn't need it. But if I had a problem finding it I would have bought one.

Ollies has it advertised again this week. Good size glass bottles, but at $9.99 a bottle it's a little pricey. Limit of 2 per customer. I was in there last week and they still had a lot of it left, so not many people are paying that price apparently.

Can I ask what brand you've bought from Amazon, if you're happy with them? Prior to all this, I only knew the ones I usually bought in the store, and they're sold out. I'm not sure what to trust if I find random ones on line.

Yes, theluckrabbit was correct...I was able to order a two-pack of the Solimo disinfectant wipes. They have not arrived yet, but they get good reviews. It says they are arriving Saturday.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KFPXCP9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
***just a few minutes ago, I was able to order some Clorox wipes from Costco.

I've been trying to find red lentils for a dish I want to make for a month at three different places around me that normally have it. They have other lentils, beans, and rice but for some reason finding red lentils is impossible. I'm sure I could just get them online if I cared enough but at this point I'm really just baffled by it.

My stepdaughter went to Walmart this morning to pick up our granddaughter's birthday case, and she said the milk case was empty except for 1 gallon of milk? She said the price was also up from the $1.25 a gallon it's been for a long time, and is now $2.15. She asked the dairy guy, and he said all Walmart's are having issues getting stuff from their warehouses? I haven't seen that case empty anytime I have been in there. It was packed full last Saturday. Maybe if they would impose limits on it, they wouldn't run out by mid afternoon?
:offtopic: Sorry, I just gotta say, those prices astonish me. Milk here (4 litre; almost equal to your gallon) is $4.89 for 2% and $5.09 for whole. Dairy marketing is regulated in Canada so that would be a pretty average price coast-to-coast and milk virtually never goes on sale.

:offtopic: Sorry, I just gotta say, those prices astonish me. Milk here (4 litre; almost equal to your gallon) is $4.89 for 2% and $5.09 for whole. Dairy marketing is regulated in Canada so that would be a pretty average price coast-to-coast and milk virtually never goes on sale.

WOW we wouldn't be drinking much milk at your prices. It's been $1.25 in every store here except for Martins (Giant) where it has been almost $4 a gallon. No wonder they don't sell much milk! We buy one half gallon each of chocolate and white whole milk at Aldi's every week..at $.75 a half gallon, lol

WOW we wouldn't be drinking much milk at your prices. It's been $1.25 in every store here except for Martins (Giant) where it has been almost $4 a gallon. No wonder they don't sell much milk! We buy one half gallon each of chocolate and white whole milk at Aldi's every week..at $.75 a half gallon, lol
Funny thing about that here...a 2 litre is less than a dollar cheaper than a 4 litre. Unless it's necessary to avoid waste, I don't know why anybody would buy it in that format. :confused: I don't drink milk but DH & DS consume quite a bit. We go through about 1.5 or 2 gallons a week, depending on how much I use in cooking.

Ollies has it advertised again this week. Good size glass bottles, but at $9.99 a bottle it's a little pricey. Limit of 2 per customer. I was in there last week and they still had a lot of it left, so not many people are paying that price apparently.

Same at my Safeway. There is a 16.9 oz bottle for $9.99. Last week they had a limit of one per customer on it but this week they are just on the shelf with no limit. I guess there is a price limit to what people will pay for it. My limit is about $7 for a 16 oz bottle and that's pushing it.

I shop at the same stores as you, but in Virginia. I think it's been since 1990 or earlier when I've seen prices like that.

We have yet to spy a single container of any kind of disinfecting wipes or spray bottle of disinfectant in an actual store since early March, nor have we found any online. That's the one thing I am really starting to want to buy rather badly right now. I don't use a ton of that type of item and have been really milking the bit I did already have, but I'm getting really low.

We were down to about 2 rolls of toilet paper before they suddenly became something at least possible to find, so I was hoping that's how it would go with disinfectant, but no such luck. One regional store has a sign up saying not only do they not have any at all, but they won't have any for the foreseeable future either. :(

Funny thing about that here...a 2 litre is less than a dollar cheaper than a 4 litre. Unless it's necessary to avoid waste, I don't know why anybody would buy it in that format. :confused: I don't drink milk but DH & DS consume quite a bit. We go through about 1.5 or 2 gallons a week, depending on how much I use in cooking.

I tend to buy smaller containers because of the way my fridge is divided. The only place I can put the big gallon containers is in the door, and I don't like storing milk there.

We have yet to spy a single container of any kind of disinfecting wipes or spray bottle of disinfectant in an actual store since early March, nor have we found any online. That's the one thing I am really starting to want to buy rather badly right now. I don't use a ton of that type of item and have been really milking the bit I did already have, but I'm getting really low.

We were down to about 2 rolls of toilet paper before they suddenly became something at least possible to find, so I was hoping that's how it would go with disinfectant, but no such luck. One regional store has a sign up saying not only do they not have any at all, but they won't have any for the foreseeable future either. :(
Generic/store brands of a Chlorox bleach-type spray cleaner has started to reappear here on the good days. I purchased two over the last couple of weeks when I’ve seen them. I use it on my sinks and wooden cutting boards in the kitchen and as a “secret weapon” on white laundry when I didn’t want to bleach the whole load. What I’ve acquired will likely last almost a year.

I was thinking the same thing. I just placed a grocery delivery order- $4.29 for a gallon.
With my 2 ds's home all the time I'm going through 2-3 gallons a week.

Just back from Fry's (Kroger store). They had everything.....a lot in limited quantities and a limit on how many of the essentials you could buy.
Meat was pretty low, but they had some of everything......limit 1 pork, 1 beef
No yeast and no Basmati brown rice (the kind DD wants.....she may just have to go to plain brown).

Just back from Fry's (Kroger store). They had everything.....a lot in limited quantities and a limit on how many of the essentials you could buy.
Meat was pretty low, but they had some of everything......limit 1 pork, 1 beef
No yeast and no Basmati brown rice (the kind DD wants.....she may just have to go to plain brown).

I’m still having trouble finding rice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter