What is needed on a 4-night?

SafariTigger

Mouseketeer
We are booking our 2nd cruise finally (1st one was 11 years ago). This time we will have my kids and in-laws with us. My MIL gets very anxious about everything these days. Although the cruise isn't until next July she has never been on one and doesn't know what to expect and is mostly concerned about what clothes she will need to bring. I explained that there isn't a formal night on a 4 night cruise so she really doesn't have anything to worry about. Am I correct? Bathing suits, casual summer clothes for during the day and something a little dressier for night (like going out to dinner at home) and that's it. Is there anything else new that I need to prepare her for? What happens on pirate night? Will we need anything for that? Thanks so much for your help!

We are booking our 2nd cruise finally (1st one was 11 years ago). This time we will have my kids and in-laws with us. My MIL gets very anxious about everything these days. Although the cruise isn't until next July she has never been on one and doesn't know what to expect and is mostly concerned about what clothes she will need to bring. I explained that there isn't a formal night on a 4 night cruise so she really doesn't have anything to worry about. Am I correct? Bathing suits, casual summer clothes for during the day and something a little dressier for night (like going out to dinner at home) and that's it. Is there anything else new that I need to prepare her for? What happens on pirate night? Will we need anything for that? Thanks so much for your help!

That sounds like what we pack. :thumbsup2 You can dress up for pirate night if you would like. DCL will give you a bandana but you can certainly add to that if you would like. Many go all out while others do not. It's entirely up to you.

Have a great cruise! :goodvibes

Thanks! Do the girls where princess dresses at night?

I don't have girls, but yes, you will see tons of little girls in princess dresses. :thumbsup2

The 4-night does have an optional dress-up night where you can be a little more dressier if you would like but it is totally up to you.

Tell your DMIL to pack her tiara. ;) Why should just the little princesses have all the fun? It's good to be queen, unless she decides to reign all over your cruise.

I know your MIL will have a great time. I took my mom last October and she experienced some of the same anxiety. My mom is NOT a water person....so we talked about what she wanted to do while on the ship and off and that determined what she wanted to wear. She went with casual during the day....crops and a casual shirt...and then a pair of pants at night where she changed out the top each evening. Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter