What is needed for 30 days check-in info?

Mitura

Mouseketeer
Hello,

We're coming to our 30 day check-in mark. I usually do the online work for this but I will be working and can't get to a PC to do it. My SO will do it for me.

What should I prepare for her to check-in?

I'm trying to remember 1) passports 2) front facing pictures.

Anything else?

Just trying to get my items in a row for her.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

We're coming to our 30 day check-in mark. I usually do the online work for this but I will be working and can't get to a PC to do it. My SO will do it for me.

What should I prepare for her to check-in?

I'm trying to remember 1) passports 2) front facing pictures.

Anything else?

Just trying to get my items in a row for her.

Thanks in advance!
Credit card you want on file

Am I correct the front facing photo is just from the shoulders up? Is smiling okay?

I did my online check in this morning right at midnight. This was my first time using this system - only prior cruise was in 2014. I don't know if this is normal, but I planned on using my laptop to do the online check in and logged in right at midnight, but the online check in button did not appear. It appeared first when I tried through the app, but not for several minutes using a web browser.

So I ended up using the app, which was very simple. I had taken all of my photos beforehand, but in the app it gives you the option to take the photos right from the app. I did not know that you could do that. When I uploaded one of my passport photos, it did not load, but it also did not give me a an error message. It simply would not load, and would not do anything when I re-clicked the upload button. Since precious time was ticking, I tried the take a new photo button in the app, and just used that to take a new picture of the photo I had saved on the laptop and it accepted it.

Did you have your passports scanned as JPG or PDF or other format? or just took a picture of the document from app?
Thanks

Only issue some have seen for the selfie is, if you wear glasses, make sure there is no glare and your eyes are visible.

Did you have your passports scanned as JPG or PDF or other format? or just took a picture of the document from app?
Thanks

I had mine on my laptop as both JPG and PDF just in case. But since I ended up doing the check in through the app, I just uploaded them directly from my phone's gallery since I had used the phone to take the photos in the first place. So whatever format my android phone saves the photos as.

Is this something that is urgent to do right at midnight the night before, in order to get an early port arrival time? We would like to board the ship as early as possible. Will we have to stay up until midnight at the 3-day mark to ensure that?

Is this something that is urgent to do right at midnight the night before, in order to get an early port arrival time? We would like to board the ship as early as possible. Will we have to stay up until midnight at the 3-day mark to ensure that?
Yes, at the 30 day mark, midnight is best if you want an early PAT. I waited until 6:30am and got 12:45-1pm, which was the earliest available to me...all the midnight folks got the 10:30-12:45 time slots...

But...I believe that if you're using Disney transfers, you don't need a PAT, you just get there whenever the bus gets you there.

Yes, at the 30 day mark, midnight is best if you want an early PAT. I waited until 6:30am and got 12:45-1pm, which was the earliest available to me...all the midnight folks got the 10:30-12:45 time slots...

But...I believe that if you're using Disney transfers, you don't need a PAT, you just get there whenever the bus gets you there.
Is there Disney transport in Alaska for the prestay hotels at the port? They are walking distance.

I had mine on my laptop as both JPG and PDF just in case. But since I ended up doing the check in through the app, I just uploaded them directly from my phone's gallery since I had used the phone to take the photos in the first place. So whatever format my android phone saves the photos as.

I found it easier to do on the app. Last few cruises I have done that way. Laptops and tablets can have issues more often I have found.

MJ

Help! Trying to do online check in for cruise and it's doing the circle thing for 15 mins, how do I cancel, start over, anything?

I just kept opening additional tabs until I got one with no spinning circle. When that one would lock up, repeat.

Online checkin works great when Disney Tech works at midnight. Just was up late for our 9 night and at about 12:20 am when all was settled got an 11:30 am time which was the earliest time available to me as a Gold CC member. I don’t know if Concierge and Platinum got earlier times for our sailing. The less popular the sailing the more likely you can wait until morning to select a PAT.

Someone else asked is it midnight Eastern and the answer is Yes! So yes 11 pm Central.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter