What is it about Castaway Cay?

Are there enough beach chairs for everyone or do you need to hurry to the beach or you will be stuck sitting in the sand the whole time?

The entire beach is lined with chairs and umbrellas. You should not have any problem. You may have to move down the beach some. See the picture above and you can see all the chairs and umbrellas on the family beach.

We are taking a quick 3 night cruise in February and are very excited. We have cruised several times, but this our first DCL cruise. Does any one know the cost and when you can reserve a private cabana? Want to make it special for my DW and DD. Thanks in advance for any information !!!

Cabanas are expensive, $5-600 I think. If your cruise is in 1 month, chances are they're all booked up. The way to reserve one is by going online like you're booking an excursion and it will list cabana and its # if one is available.

We've never had a cabana and while they look nice I don't think they're worth it. We've always had a great time w/o one.

The entire beach is lined with chairs and umbrellas. You should not have any problem. You may have to move down the beach some. See the picture above and you can see all the chairs and umbrellas on the family beach.

Thanks! I did check out some pictures but I am terrible at estimating the amount of chairs I think I see to the amount of people on the boat. I figured it would be better to ask someone who has experienced it rather than my horrible guesstimates lol.

I like CC because nobody is in your face trying to get you to buy items, take a taxi, or get your hair braided. It is safe, clean, and happy : )

And while theft can happen on CC (and on the ship), the number of people who are on the ship/island just to steal from you is greatly reduced because they'd have to buy a ticket just to steal from you. Just changes the atmosphere.

You also don't hear kids whining for ice cream or treats because they are included! It's a 3 minute walk to the ice cream or bathrooms, not the 30 minutes it can be at a different beach

The absolutely best time on CC is from 3-4:30. It is heaven. Most have gone back on the ship and I have the beach all to myself. I can sit in any chair, have any hammock, first in line for the plunge (oh wait, no line!), snorkel by myself, 100 CM to wait on me!!!

Nancy

I really liked three things about Castaway:

1 - it isn't a tender port

2 - the adult beach has a sandbar you can walk out to; it was neat to go hang out on it

3 - the entire ship is in a hurry to bolt off to the beach first thing so you can have the movie theatre, rainforest room, etc. to yourself for a couple of hours then go to the beach.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Here are some pics of CC and a map to give you a better view of paradise.

Approaching CC 062912
IMG_7073.jpg

Family Beach
IMG_7084.jpg

Private Cabanas
IMG_7085.jpg

Map of CC
DCL062912_page7.jpg

WOW!!! Thanks for the map of CC, it really helps imagine things better. It looks like the adults only area is soooooo far away, is it walking distance? Also, where do you suggest eating... Sunset bay or the BBQ?

We walked it once ........ Once!!!!
Now we get the little tram!!

We are taking a quick 3 night cruise in February and are very excited. We have cruised several times, but this our first DCL cruise. Does any one know the cost and when you can reserve a private cabana? Want to make it special for my DW and DD. Thanks in advance for any information !!!

It is 499 for a cabana on the family beach, 399 for the adults only beach. They are usually reserved rather quickly. When you go online to look at your reservation you will see them as a port adventure for the castaway cay day. If they are all full then make sure when you get on the ship to have them put you on a waiting list for the cabanas. While it isn't necessary for us it makes the whole experience better so we generally get one every-time we go.

nosnits said:
Are there enough beach chairs for everyone or do you need to hurry to the beach or you will be stuck sitting in the sand the whole time?

There are supposed to be enough chairs, but on the Fantasy last summer, we were a little bit later getting off the ship (an hour after we were allowed to go), and it was difficult to find chairs for 6 of us. We went to the very end of the family beach before we found some together. Never had a problem before that. I think a lot of it might have been people putting their stuff in the chairs and then sitting on the loungers, taking up two seats for their one body.

Someone asked if there were towels other than on the pier when you get off the ship -- no there aren't. There are bins by the bathrooms/outdoor showers for you to drop your dirty/wet towels however, so you don't have to carry them back onto the ship.

KEMdisney said:
WOW!!! Thanks for the map of CC, it really helps imagine things better. It looks like the adults only area is soooooo far away, is it walking distance? Also, where do you suggest eating... Sunset bay or the BBQ?

There's a tram to Serenity Bay, the adult beach. Also, the food choices there are often different from Cookies BBQ (better even!).

My husband and I went on the Dream this summer without our kids (gasp!) and had a lovely time at CC adults only beach-even had a conversation with Captain Jack Sparrow! Had the beach to ourselves until around 1100am and by then we were heading towards the BBQ-they have more adult food there (I am thinking maybe grilled salmon or some kind of fish). I love my 2 children very much but this was something I will always remember fondly-just my husband and I enjoying the beauty of CC and enjoying a day at Epcot when we got off the ship!
You will love it!
Elizabethpirate:

Someone asked if there were towels other than on the pier when you get off the ship -- no there aren't. There are bins by the bathrooms/outdoor showers for you to drop your dirty/wet towels however, so you don't have to carry them back onto the ship.

There are at the counters where you rent floats and snorkels. I got a whole bunch of them at the shack where you return bikes at Serenity Bay. I just asked and they asked how many.

Nancy

We were just there 3 days ago, and we were told when we got off the ship that that was our only opportunity to get towels. That is not the case. There are 2 information booths, and you can get towels there. The lady working the booth was shocked that we had been told we could not get them on the island at all.

The absolutely best time on CC is from 3-4:30. It is heaven. Most have gone back on the ship and I have the beach all to myself. I can sit in any chair, have any hammock, first in line for the plunge (oh wait, no line!), snorkel by myself, 100 CM to wait on me!!!

Nancy

AGREE!! And, the drink-of-the-day was 2 for 1 that last hour lol. I wished we could stay there into the evening.
Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter