What is Disney Swan & Dolphin Resort

Coloradogrl

Mouseketeer
I found a website for Disneys Swan & Dolphin resort and I was wondering what extacly are they? I noticed that they offer wedding but not through FTW. I am alittle confused I tried to find more infomation but I am having kinda a hard time. Does anyone know anything about them?
Thanks

The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin resorts are owned by Westin and Sheraton but a long time ago Disney let these hotels be built on their land, which is a whole other long story, anyway bottom line they are NOT Disney hotels therefore you don't get a key card that can be used as your ticket and for charging across the rest of WDW.

However what the Swan and Dolphin do offer are 4/5 star hotels that are comparable to hotels of those stars in the rest of the US. They also offer a more affordable way to stay in a luxury hotel on WDW property. They are based in between MGM and Epcot in the same area as The Boardwalk, and The Yacht and Beach Club. I have stayed at both and love them, although I do prefer the Swan to the Dolphin ;)

They do offer first class weddings at what I would consider a more affordable price which are held ONLY in their grounds and in their hotel for both ceremony and reception. You can also arrange for Mickey and other characters to attend your reception.

As you don't go through DFTW there are different minimums - it just gives you a bit more freedom - some say without the "official" magic but the pictures I have seen of these weddings are wonderfully magical all the same but it's totally a personal thing.

I've heard good things about Just Marry who are a Wedding Planning company who can assist.

Hope this helps

We looked into having our wedding there, thinking it would be cheaper. It was pretty much the same quote as FTW. We were amazed. The thing is it was just the 2 of us, no guests. If we were to invite others, it would have been way cheaper than FTW. I have seen some really pretty pictures from wedding there. Its a great idea if you are going to have lots of guests, but if its just the 2 of you, I'd rethink FTW. We spent months going over costs, and decided that we wanted to get married on the beach at sunset. So we are staying 3 nights in an ocean front suite at the Ritz in Palm Beach, having our ceremony, pictures, and flowers. The total for everthing is HALF the FTW. So, we are just going to honeymoon at WDW for 8 nights. Good luck, I know it can be a very stressful time. I hope your FDH is supportive and is helping you do research. It can get overwhelming at times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter