What is cost when crossing Peak -> Reg season

SnowWhiteIsDreaming

<font color=990099>Tag Fairies bring nothing but <
We are planning to go April 16th thru April 26th. I went on the web site to get an idea how much it will cost and the price was much higher than I expected. Then I noticed that it was charging me for Peak season for the 'entire' 10 nights. Peak season ends on April 16th (only 1 day of our trip). This would cost me another $400 for our trip. Can I avoid this by booking a 1 night stay; then booking 9 nights. Will they make us move rooms? I bet they will make us re-check-in.

Anyone have experience with this?
Karen

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you get the rate for the season your first night is in, and for the entire stay (even if crossing over).

You will need to have 2 separate reservations. They charge you the rate as of the day you check in.

When you check in the first time mention that you have a continuing reservation.

Yes you will have to check in a second time. It usually doesn't take long. Usually you don't have to change rooms but it could happen.

Even if you did that is Ok when you are saving $400.

Thanks for the info. I will definately make 2 reservations since $400 is a lot of money - it's worth rechecking in!

I made two reservations for my upcoming Christmas week stay. the rates for January 1st and 2nd were much less when I reserved those dates separately. I don't mind a check-out / check-in but I hope I don't need to change rooms. We'll see! :)

keep in mind though, If u are planning on the ultimate park hopper that changing to 2 ressies kicks you out of the UPH for all nights
park tickets for that one day can add up depending on the number of people.....that 400 savings might get eaten up...

No reason why you can't use UPH on both reservations. If you are arriving late on the first day then don't purchase UPH.

If you are purchasing UPH when you get there you can get first/and or last day taken off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter