What is check in time at FW

loriandmatt

DIS Veteran
I was wondering what the check in time at FW was.

I have read others mentioning that even if you arrive before the scheduled time, and they don't have your site ready yet, you can park in the parking lot and come back later when they have your site ready. Is this true?

We may be arriving early and i don't want to have to "circle" disney world for a few hours before we can pull in and get the paperwork done. (hauling that camper from PA to FL will eat up enough gas, besides - i am gonna want to get out of that truck ASAP!:) )

thanks - lori
12 days and counting :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: (has anyone seen my suitcase!!!???)

Check-in for the campsites is 11:00. If you get there early, feel free to check in and park your trailer/motorhome in the parking lot and go enjoy the parks! :D

On our last trip--July--we arrived about noon. We were told our site wasn't ready and we were sent to the parking lot to wait. We were told to call back to the front desk about 15 till 1 to get our site number. We parked and enjoyed lunch, then got our things ready for the comfort station and the park. We used the cell phone and got our site number and were set-up and at the MK in 1.5 hours! I wish I were there now!!!

Barbara
240 days to go

We arrived a couple years ago at 5:00 am!!! We have a long drive from home and we made a lot better time than we had planned. Well, we checked in, and our site was even ready, but they do not allow anyone to pull in before 7:00 am as a courtesy to the other campers. We of course only agreed, I would not appreciate someone next site over to be setting up at 5:00 am!!! We just parked in the parking lot until 7:00 and then got all set up! What a beautiful campground!

We often arrive early in the morning, park in the parking lot, take a bus to a comfort station and shower, and then go enjoy Downtown Disney, or ride the monorail until our site is ready. Sometimes we take the bus to Pioneer Hall to enjoy the petting zoo, playground, etc. Our family does love Ft. Wilderness.:D

dgaston:

How long did it take you? Which route? Did you pull a camper?

Thanks

Tim.

I just got my travel documents from Disney and the "official" check in time on them is 1:00 PM . Of course I've been allowed into a campsite earlier if it was available (on previous trips). The worst that will happen is you'll need to park by the Reception Outpost and come back later to get your vehicle and set up. If you're dropped off by a shuttle, taxi or towncar you'll be able to stow your gear at the Reception Outpost's Bell Services until you'll return for it. However you arrive you'll be able to check in and get get your tickets and resort ID's to go to the parks if your site's not available when you get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter