What is actually going on at the Harbor Entrance, crowd-wise?

Piglet99645

DIS Veteran
I've seen posts here and there about what a cluster it is on that side, and this morning Candy Cane Inn posted a photo on IG showing the line all the way to their block. ????

We always stay across the street on Harbor because I'm too cheap to pay for hotel on property. LOL. Should we be looking into getting a Lyft to take us to the DTD entrance in the morning?? (We arrive June 21 -- in 6 days!!)

Basically what a good point that was made is that when AP'S existed people would often not arrive until later but now everyone wants to make rope drop to get the max bang for their buck.

It's also the first day without masks , with more options open and the parks opening to out of state guests, so combine all that and it is understandable. I'm planning to arrive super early tomorrow so we will see !

We had friends enter on that side today and they said it was worse than yesterday. They got here 15 mins earlier than yesterday and were much further back. They said it was chaotic and unorganized. I don’t have personal experience, so don’t know how accurate it is, but I tend to believe her.

We had friends enter on that side today and they said it was worse than yesterday. They got here 15 mins earlier than yesterday and were much further back. They said it was chaotic and unorganized. I don’t have personal experience, so don’t know how accurate it is, but I tend to believe her.
Juuuuusssst crossing my fingers that these are “working out the kinks” growing pains and it’ll all smooth out in the next week… we arrive Wednesday 3/24

People want in early. Lines looked longer before because of the 6' spacing. Now we are back to thee free for all. But line should move faster once they open. They will likely go back to normal opening of 830, instead of earlier, since they no longer are going to worry about people spacing.

It's going to be interesting to monitor the Harbor side entry over the next month. Positives are if they are holding everyone back at rope drop, there really is no need to wake up early at 5am anymore, right? What advantage would you have from showing up to Rope Drop at 6am or 7am in that situation, since everyone would be waiting in the same area for rope drop?

It's going to be interesting to monitor the Harbor side entry over the next month. Positives are if they are holding everyone back at rope drop, there really is no need to wake up early at 5am anymore, right? What advantage would you have from showing up to Rope Drop at 6am or 7am in that situation, since everyone would be waiting in the same area for rope drop?
Rope Drop is currently happening but I would not be surprised if they are doing some tests to see if it is needed. Word was California Adventure did not have rope drop at 9am but 830am yesterday.

We are here today. We lined up at Harber at 6:30. Opened security at 7:15 and walked everyone through the Esplanade and have us lined up in DTD. We got to our spot in DTD at 7:30. We got a boarding group 6 for Web Slingers!!

We are here today. We lined up at Harber at 6:30. Opened security at 7:15 and walked everyone through the Esplanade and have us lined up in DTD. We got to our spot in DTD at 7:30. We got a boarding group 6 for Web Slingers!!

can you clarify “lined up in DTD”? Do you mean at the turnstiles? Are the turnstiles backed up to DTD?

can you clarify “lined up in DTD”? Do you mean at the turnstiles? Are the turnstiles backed up to DTD?
They have a walkway roped off through the esplanade and walked everyone through and are holding us in a line in DTD. No one was allowed to line up at the turnstiles. It loooks like they are trying to relieve the pressure from having guests lined up on harber by holding us here. I’m guessing once they drop the rope here we will be allowed to walk to the turnstiles.

They just let us in from the hold in DTD and we are lined up at the turnstiles. It looks like they have stoped the security lines at harbor. Disney side has very few lines. DCA is half way back.

We arrived on the Harbor side at 9:30 yesterday and didn’t have any wait for security. Line to get into the park was at about the midpoint of the esplanade. DD had to take a test online so that was the reason we arrived late. Worked fine for us.

Rope Drop is currently happening but I would not be surprised if they are doing some tests to see if it is needed. Word was California Adventure did not have rope drop at 9am but 830am yesterday.
Someone reported seeing a rope drop in DCA on IG yesterday, but it was gone by 8:30 when we walked in.

We did get held on Main Street (around the partners’ statue) until 9am in DL today.

Wait, okay... so Harbor side security opened up at 7:15 this morning (Wednesday), walked everybody through to DTD in a single line for both parks and held there till 8, at which point they released you to the Esplanade so you could line up at turnstiles in front of DL or CA... is that right? What time did they open the DL gates and let you go up to rope drop? and then rope drop in DL was at 9?

Arrggghhh all bets are off, it seems like. Trying to get a fix on entry methodology for next week, but I hope they settle on a system by the beginning of next week!

Wait, okay... so Harbor side security opened up at 7:15 this morning (Wednesday), walked everybody through to DTD in a single line for both parks and held there till 8, at which point they released you to the Esplanade so you could line up at turnstiles in front of DL or CA... is that right? What time did they open the DL gates and let you go up to rope drop? and then rope drop in DL was at 9?

Arrggghhh all bets are off, it seems like. Trying to get a fix on entry methodology for next week, but I hope they settle on a system by the beginning of next week!

I'm right there with you with having our first day in the parks on June 23. Right now I'm thinking we'll leave our hotel at 7:45 and see what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter