What is a white noise machine?

I am staying at POP in Jan. and I have seen several posts that have stated to bring a white noise machine? Can someone tell me what that is & where I can find them? :confused3

Its a stereo type machine that gives off noises. Like waves thunderstorms fire crackling and white noise. The fuzz thats on tv sometimes.

as to why you want to bring one there..... :confused3

Horizons16 said:
as to why you want to bring one there..... :confused3

People say it drownds out the noise from the other rooms. Apparently POP has very thin walls.

We live in the city, I am use to cars, 18-wheelers, dogs barking, sirens, etc. all night long. I am having a hard time believing that a little toliet flush or someone talking every now & then will have any affect on our sleep.

You can have the same effect by turning on the radio and not putting it on a station. Free!

I have talked to many people who have stayed at the POP and their walls are no thinner that any of the other all star resorts. POP has more rooms, more people and maybe louder at times because of this, but it still is a great place to stay!

I'm pretty sure you can buy them at Walmart and I've also seen them in Sharper Image catelogs. Mine - a not so fancy versio - was recommended to me by my husband's grandmother to help block out the noise of snoring. It helps block out all those annoying noises that sometimes can keep us from falling asleep. I use mine at home every night, but have never taken it to WDW with me. I think I'm so tired from doing the parks all day that I don't have as much problem falling asleep there!

We use a white noise machine all of the time, from the time our girls were babies we used them in thier rooms and now our grandchildren use them. My husband and myself travel with one where ever we go. They really do drowned out noise. You can buy them at Walmart. We do not live in an area of a lot of noise so when we travel any hotel noises keep us awake.

ZippyDooDah said:
I'm pretty sure you can buy them at Walmart and I've also seen them in Sharper Image catelogs. Mine - a not so fancy versio - was recommended to me by my husband's grandmother to help block out the noise of snoring. It helps block out all those annoying noises that sometimes can keep us from falling asleep. I use mine at home every night, but have never taken it to WDW with me. I think I'm so tired from doing the parks all day that I don't have as much problem falling asleep there!

We sell them at Sharper Image....
The cheapest one we have is 69.96 they go up to 199.95. Plus tax.

Honestly, I didn't have a problem when I was at POP. I can't stand white noise machines! I need complete and absolute silence when sleeping and even that machine wakes me up!

Kris & Steve said:
People say it drownds out the noise from the other rooms. Apparently POP has very thin walls.

We live in the city, I am use to cars, 18-wheelers, dogs barking, sirens, etc. all night long. I am having a hard time believing that a little toliet flush or someone talking every now & then will have any affect on our sleep.

The walls at POP are thin, but I grew up near trains, so I am used to noise....We stayed at the Best Western at DTD and it was so quiet...I couldn't sleep....we had to open the balcony door to get some noise!

You can buy them at Wal-Mart and Office Supply stores as well for much cheaper. We use them in the office I work at and paid about 20 for ours. I take one with us when we travel just in case. When we were at the POP the noise was most when people came home at night late. If your not used to the noise they will help.

Lisa : :cloud9:

Kris & Steve said:
bring a white noise machine? Can someone tell me what that is & where I can find them? :confused3
Why can't i resist the urge to type "a snowmobile"?? :cold:

We bring 2 small fans that I wrap in big beach towels. We take them when we travel always! Works great.

2boyshere said:
We bring 2 small fans that I wrap in big beach towels. We take them when we travel always! Works great.

Funny cause I too use a fan at home when I can hear our neighbors. This does help to drown out those little annoying sounds (I'm a light sleeper).

What we do at the All Stars is put the bathroom fan all the way on the longest time and then move it further. This keeps the fan on all night long. It works great, free and don't have to pack it. :)

We love ours! I got it at Brookstone many years ago. I've seen them elsewhere, walmart maybe with the brand name homedics.

We bring ours whenever we're staying away from home. I think it really does make a difference for our family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!