What is a Samosa??????

cdrn1

<font color=royalblue>what I wouldn't give to have
The last few times I have been to WDW I have passed a cart near the Dole Whip place that says "Vegetable Samosas" on it. What is a Samosa? I have never seen any reference to them on the boards anywhere and it has not been open when I was there. Very curious.

I am sure someone may be able to give you a better description, but it is an indian (from India not native american) dish. Normally sold in restaurants as a starter. It is a savory mix of potatoes and other vegetable wrapped in pasty (shaped to look like a triangle) and then fried. Usually a little spicy but not too much.

I think they are very yummy...

KayR hit it right on the button. Just two comments to add. 1. This dish is traditionally spicy. 2. Disney's version of this dish is not spicy at all to someone used to real indian food. I think the price per piece is expensive but sometimes it is just the right amount of food so it works for me.

How did I miss those. Now I'll be on the look out I love Samosa's. Trader joe's sells them too.

A samosa is like a triangular egg roll (slightly larger) with a somewhat spicy mix of vegetables (potatoes, carrots, peas) inside. Trust me, it tastes better than it sounds!

You can also get ones with chicken or beef at Indian vendors, who make them spicier and better. They're great with dipping sauces like coriander relish or tamarind sauce.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter