• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

What in the world is going on with Spirit Airlines?

rigsby25

DIS Veteran
A week or two ago I booked 2 great flights - the same ones I always book. The other day I got a message that the return flight on Sunday was changed from leaving Orlando at 11:30 am to 6:30 pm! We're not the type to go back to the park on the last day. I like to get up on Sunday, get to the airport, have breakfast and then get back into Chicago at 12:30 so I can get home and get ready for the week. What gives? Also - I paid like 600 for 3 round trip. The price has gone up to 760.00? When I do a search on expedia or travelocity, Spirit used to be the lowest price. All of a sudden something is different. What is it?

we fly out of mdw & ord all the time on ATA, now that ATA pulled out or chgo
the airfare went nuts. we flew spirit last christmas and only because soon as they opened there dates for christmas we bought our tickets, $156.00 per person. we wont fly sw because we like to have our seat assigned right away.
a month ago we bought our tickets on AA for this christmas and it was $175.00. i think spirit feels comfortable now & figures it has the clients and now they are trying to compete with united & AA. i think the best thing now is to plan way head of time and book those tickets as soon as the dates are released. i am waiting for easter/spring break now, i just cant decide florida or calf. good luck, and secret to pass on/ i always check side step first, then i go right to the airline website and the same flight is always cheaper by 10-15 dollars per ticket, side step use to be the same price, now i think they add a few bucks just like exspedia, travelocity and all the rest . i did down "ding" i figure if a get a great airfare from now until christmas, that would be a bonus trip for us. ;) i have seen a few good flights , but havent commited yet. :sunny:

I'm noticing that Spirit is not always a bargain from DTW either. Then again, if you keep a close eye on them, they can come up with good rates. Right now, they are about $215 for the direct RT we were looking at, compared to NWA's $276.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter