• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What happens to the Transfer option for Disney gift cards??

brittanidp

Mouseketeer
I bought gift cards and loaded them to the account, but now the option to consolidate them is gone :( Am I missing something???

Yeah, I sent an email to their "Contact Us" and this is the response I got:

Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry. Unfortunately, the Disney Gift Card transfer functionality on DisneyGiftCard.com is currently down for maintenance. We are hopeful it will be back in operation by early next week.

Please Continue to check the website for the return of the transfer link. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Disney Gift Card Guest Service.
I guess I will just end up calling to pay our bill and read them a bunch of numbers over the phone. "Oh Joy"

Yeah, I have 18 $50 gift cards to "Consolidate"

I prefer to consolidate them that way only have to keep 1 or 2 in case of a refund (not that I expect any from these but you never know).

Yeah, I have 18 $50 gift cards to "Consolidate"

I prefer to consolidate them that way only have to keep 1 or 2 in case of a refund (not that I expect any from these but you never know).
It's back!!!!! We can transfer again!

Yea! But I don't have my cards with me. Hope it's still working when I get home. :scared:

I just added a gift card and was able to transfer it to another card

I have 3 right now and plan to buy 1 each payday until our December trip. Should I consolidate them as I go along or wait until December to consolidate them all at once? Not sure if there are any pros/cons. TIA

I have 3 right now and plan to buy 1 each payday until our December trip. Should I consolidate them as I go along or wait until December to consolidate them all at once? Not sure if there are any pros/cons. TIA
It's just personal preference, but I'd do mine as I buy them so that you won't have 20+ cards to do all at once, it gets tedious!

You can only have five cards w/$1000 each at a time so will have to do some combining at some point. I do it right away for three reasons: 1) As mentioned, it can be tedious adding a bunch at one time. I create a main card, add a gift card, combine, delete that card and add the next. 2) If I do it right away I know the funds actually made it to the card and can catch it/do something about it rather than finding out months later. 3) It's more secure. Your money is accounted for and if you lose or forget your gift card(s) you can simply buy a cheap one (or keep an empty one) and transfer your balance to it in about two seconds. If you have a bunch of smaller cards not added get lost you are pretty much out of luck. I walked around with two cards with fairly large balances (the looks on some CMs faces when they circle your balance was priceless) and didn't worry too much about it because I knew if I lost one I could rectify the situation almost immediately. I can't really think of any cons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter