What happens regarding opening doors?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Because of the 50% borrowing rule, I could not book three one bedrooms for my family at BCV in October. By 7 months all 1 bedrooms were gone, so one family is in AKV.

I am trying to piece together some nights in a BCV studio for that family. I will keep the AKV for them, but I want to have family swim time together. I have only the Saturday so far. Would love to do parks, then we all meet in BCV to swim together that night.

Even if I get all nights in studio, I will keep both accommodations for them. There are 5 of them, and even if allowed I wouldn’t do it to them.

Can this work?? What about check in? They would all be listed on two reservations.

I don't think you can have double rooms booked under the same my disney account. You may need to book one of the rooms maybe in their "middle" names?

fingers crossed your reservation gets pieced together.

I don't think you can have double rooms booked under the same my disney account. You may need to book one of the rooms maybe in their "middle" names?

fingers crossed your reservation gets pieced together.
^^This!

Create phantom profiles for the BCV reservation. Get key cards for the "occupants" at the front desk since they will not have MagicBands or a MDE profile on their iPhone/smartphones. They will need the key card to get into SAB.

^^This!

Create phantom profiles for the BCV reservation. Get key cards for the "occupants" at the front desk since they will not have MagicBands or a MDE profile on their iPhone/smartphones. They will need the key card to get into SAB.
What about ID needed for check in?

Can I put DH as the lead on the studio, since he is not the lead on our 1 bedroom? I can put one of that family in the room with us since we only have 3.

I cannot imagine the 1 bedroom BCV WL coming through, but I sure hope it does!

Can I put DH as the lead on the studio, since he is not the lead on our 1 bedroom? I can put one of that family in the room with us since we only have 3.

Yes you could do that. But, right now with direct to room access being preferred, you could just put them (middle name) on there. You will check in online anyway. Just don't allow charging on that room (don't set up pins).

Well, don't go crazy with pseudonyms for the phantoms. Robert James Smith can become Bobby Jim Smith, R. James Smith, Bob Smith, etc. Just don't vary too far from commonly accepted nicknames.

Ok...I understand a bit more now.
Thank you everyone for their help.

The same people can not be checked in to two resorts at the same time. Having the reservations is not the issue, it’s getting magic bands to work.

As mentioned, you can create different people for the BCV nights but just be sure that one person is a real one...maybe someone like your DH?

The same people can not be checked in to two resorts at the same time. Having the reservations is not the issue, it’s getting magic bands to work.

As mentioned, you can create different people for the BCV nights but just be sure that one person is a real one...maybe someone like your DH?
Once we are closer, I will have DH as the lead on the studio reservation(s).

I take it that you don't have 5 open name slots between the two 1 Bedrooms at BCV?
If you are truly thinking of the two room bookings for them for each night and you have an open waitlist slot, you could also try upgrading one of the 1 bedrooms to a 2 bedroom (dedicated or lock-off). Not necessarily for them to stay overnight in but to give them the pool access you want and a place to change. Would be cheaper point wise also when compared to adding an additional studio for each night.

I take it that you don't have 5 open name slots between the two 1 Bedrooms at BCV?
If you are truly thinking of the two room bookings for them for each night and you have an open waitlist slot, you could also try upgrading one of the 1 bedrooms to a 2 bedroom (dedicated or lock-off). Not necessarily for them to stay overnight in but to give them the pool access you want and a place to change. Would be cheaper point wise also when compared to adding an additional studio for each night.
Yes, we don’t...only have three open. I have looked at two bedrooms.... and will continue. I am signing into DVC and checking multiple times a day. Thank you for the suggestion.

Also, since the Saturday we do have gives them access to SAB for both Saturday and Sunday, we could be happy with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter