what happens once we send our packet back?

debbiebones

Mouseketeer
We're sending back our papers and info. to DVC today and I'm just wondering what happens next.

Do they call us to confirm it's been received or do they call us when the closing takes place (scheduled for March 21st I believe). I'm also wondering why it takes so long to close.

Thanks for any info.

Deb

The bulk of the reason it takes so long is the 15 day waiting period for you to change your mind. You have 15 days to say no thanks even after signing the papers.

I am wondering what all happens also. My estimated closing date is March 18th. I returned the packet about a week ago. I have not heard anything.

I was wondering how long it takes to get the permanent DVC Member card?

Hi,
I talked to the people in quality assurance and was told that you will close 15 business days from the date that you put on all the paperwork. I put Feb 19th and I will close on March 12th.

You can make reservations now for DVC resorts but if you want to do a member getaway you need to wait until you close.
The number for quality assurance is on the documents you kept if you need more answers.

I am doing a trip to DL so I have to wait. This is the longest 15 days ever! LOL

I called to make reservations and was told that I could only make reservations using points I had banked, but could not borrow points until we closed. That meant we could only make a "partial reservation". The woman I talked to suggested we reserve our weekday days and after we closed, call back to reserve the weekend days since weekday days go first.

I was told my closing date would be March 21st, but if it's 15 days after the date we signed the papers, that would make it March 9th. I'm just wondering if someone will contact me when the closing goes through or if I'll have to keep calling them to see if it has indeed gone through.

Thanks,

Deb

A short time after you've returned your paperwork, you should get a call from DVC Quality Assurance asking if you have any questions about your purchase.

We did an add-on on 2/6, and the points are in our account now.

If you are financing, you will get a letter a few weeks after you send your paper back letting you know that you are approved. If you are not fiancing, you will get a letter after you have closed, letting you know the deed has been recorded. If you are financing you can also call you guide about a week after you send in your paperwork and they will let you know if you are approved.

I mailed all my paper work back on the 11th.

Today I got a copy of the form acknowledging I received the guide book signed with their signature added.

It was dated the 18th.

I guess the next step will be actual closing and my permanent membership cards.

You can use any points that you will have during the time of the vacation as long as you are going DVC. I talked to Byron today and he said you could use any points to make the reservation. If you are going this year(2003) and you did not do MB you could use your 2003 points. If you are going after your use year date, for ex. mine is sept., you can use the 2004 points now. You won't be borrrowing because you are traveling during the use year. If you have any more questions call your guide they are able to get you a waiver on the witing period if you are using a DVC resort.

A short time after you send in your paper-work you will begin planning your first add-on.;)

While it is not the most important aspect of the transaction, it is the one that will take up most of your time. Congratulations.

HBC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter