What happens once I go through the auto plaza at Magic Kingdom?

jamby

Earning My Ears
What happens once I go through the auto plaza at Magic Kingdom? Will a cast member see that I have paid for parking because the auto plaza will issue some kind of tag to hang in my window or will they have to scan my Magic Band or look at a parking receipt that I received at the auto plaza?

Thank you,
Jamby

They'll give you a receipt that you can use again that day if you go to another park, or leave and come back.

Only folks who have paid are allowed beyond the Auto Plaza/Toll Booths. They will verify that before you move on.
Then there are Cast Members who will be directing you where to park

Your receipt is all you'll need if you go to another park. But once you've passes the gates you wont have to show it again to park.

You will have to follow the traffic down the open pathway to which ever side of the lots they are filling, go all the way to the next CM, who will send you into a specific row and then another CM will show you which parking spot. You will not get to pick where you park.

I have noticed there is a road that branches off from where Floridian Way turns into South World Drive that would allow you to bypass the auto plaza and enter the Magic Kingdom parking area. How would cast members know if you have paid for parking if you enter from that direction?

I have noticed there is a road that branches off from where Floridian Way turns into South World Drive that would allow you to bypass the auto plaza and enter the Magic Kingdom parking area. How would cast members know if you have paid for parking if you enter from that direction?

They wouldn't, but...that loophole has been torn up with the new construction.

They wouldn't, but...that loophole has been torn up with the new construction.
It is still showing on Google Earth (which I know is not always up to date).
If I am going to dine at Chef Mickeys and I bypass the auto plaza by using the far right lane I was hoping to enter MK parking by using that loop but I would need to pay for parking. So if that loop no longer is there what would be the best way to go back through the auto plaza. We may change our minds and not go to the theme park after dining so I don't want to pay for parking until after we eat at Chef Mickeys.

Yeah, the imagery on Google Maps that I'm seeing is dated 2017, but the race track (at least the driving surface) is still there. That's long gone and unless something has changed in the last 6 weeks, so has the "Return to Magic Kingdom".

Yeah, the imagery on Google Maps that I'm seeing is dated 2017, but the race track (at least the driving surface) is still there. That's long gone and unless something has changed in the last 6 weeks, so has the "Return to Magic Kingdom".
So to get back to the auto plaza it looks like on Google Maps there is a cross over from south World Drive to north World Drive (right after what looks like a sandy area with trees between the 2 highways) right before where you would get onto Epcot Center drive. Does this sound right?

Thank you for all your help,
Jamby

It is still showing on Google Earth (which I know is not always up to date).
If I am going to dine at Chef Mickeys and I bypass the auto plaza by using the far right lane I was hoping to enter MK parking by using that loop but I would need to pay for parking. So if that loop no longer is there what would be the best way to go back through the auto plaza. We may change our minds and not go to the theme park after dining so I don't want to pay for parking until after we eat at Chef Mickeys.

If you are going to Chef Mickey's, then go through one of the right lanes and tell the attendant you have a reservation at Chef Mickeys and you wont have to pay. Instead of branching left, stay straight and head to the Contemporary.

If you do decide to go to Magic Kingdom after your meal, there is another u-turn farther down World Drive past the toll booths that you can take. You will then have to drive through the toll booth again to park at the TTC

So to get back to the auto plaza it looks like on Google Maps there is a cross over from south World Drive to north World Drive (right after what looks like a sandy area with trees between the 2 highways) right before where you would get onto Epcot Center drive. Does this sound right?

Jamby

There used to be and I can't recall if that 2nd turn around leaving the Magic Kingdom is still there. The road construction in the area is quite extensive.

Jamby

I can answer this a little better since I just got back earlier this week. Unless you knew previously (which most of us do), you'd never know there was a race track at the Magic Kingdom exit. It's gone. As you leave Magic Kingdom, the first turnaround that would have put you back into the parking lot without having to go thru the entrance plaza is no longer available. I was incorrect in my earlier post that it had been torn up...but, there are cones across it, so you can't use it. The second turnaround for return to the Magic Kingdom on the left side is still available. Of course, with that one, you would have to go thru the entrance plaza again and show your receipt. Also, there is construction going on at that spot with concrete barriers that I would think would limit your visibility making that maneuver. I think there's a short catch up lane on the left side to make it a little easier, but be very careful if you use that turnaround.

As mentioned earlier, there's a lot of construction going on in that area so don't count on this info to remain correct for any period of time...

I can answer this a little better since I just got back earlier this week. Unless you knew previously (which most of us do), you'd never know there was a race track at the Magic Kingdom exit. It's gone. As you leave Magic Kingdom, the first turnaround that would have put you back into the parking lot without having to go thru the entrance plaza is no longer available. I was incorrect in my earlier post that it had been torn up...but, there are cones across it, so you can't use it. The second turnaround for return to the Magic Kingdom on the left side is still available. Of course, with that one, you would have to go thru the entrance plaza again and show your receipt. Also, there is construction going on at that spot with concrete barriers that I would think would limit your visibility making that maneuver. I think there's a short catch up lane on the left side to make it a little easier, but be very careful if you use that turnaround.

As mentioned earlier, there's a lot of construction going on in that area so don't count on this info to remain correct for any period of time...

Thank you for taking time to post this additional information. I appreciate your help.

Kind regards,
Jamby

I live 5 minutes behind MK so I frequently come in through the backstage area where the CM parking is at so I know the latest with the construction,I'll try to answer the questions asked.First of all at the MK toll plaza they'll take your money to park,you show them you're a pass holder or show a parking receipt you used to enter another park that day to avoid the fee,after that nobody else is asking for any kind of parking receipt or tag,you just park.
As far as the turnaround loophole some people used to bypass the toll plaza,the turnaround is still there but since the construction started always has orange cones blocking it so you have to go out past the plaza.There is a turnaround back to MK about half a mile from the plaza but with the construction I've found it to be a little tough and actually dangerous to make a U turn there when its busy,a couple of times trying to make the U turn to go back home I've seen that turnaround closed due to the construction,but mostly later at night.A safer way to do a turn around there would be to go to Buena Vista Dr,make a left at the light and then just get back on World Dr to MK.

Last edited:
I live 5 minutes behind MK so I frequently come in through the backstage area where the CM parking is at so I know the latest with the construction,I'll try to answer the questions asked.First of all at the MK toll plaza they'll take your money to park,you show them you're a pass holder or show a parking receipt you used to enter another park that day to avoid the fee,after that nobody else is asking for any kind of parking receipt or tag,you just park.
As far as the turnaround loophole some people used to bypass the toll plaza,the turnaround is still there but since the construction started always has orange cones blocking it so you have to go out past the plaza.There is a turnaround back to MK about half a mile from the plaza but with the construction I've found it to be a little tough and actually dangerous to make a U turn there when its busy,a couple of times trying to make the U turn to go back home I've seen that turnaround closed due to the construction,but mostly later at night.A safer way to do a turn around there would be to go to Buena Vista Dr,make a left at the light and then just get back on World Dr to MK.

I also see on the eastern side of the parking lot there are 3 entrances. What would prevent someone from using those? Also, I see that if you turn on to Vista Blvd. it looks like you could then almost immediately turn right and get back to North World drive to get back to the auto plaza. Is that shortcut blocked off?

Thank you,
Jamby

I also see on the eastern side of the parking lot there are 3 entrances. What would prevent someone from using those? Also, I see that if you turn on to Vista Blvd. it looks like you could then almost immediately turn right and get back to North World drive to get back to the auto plaza. Is that shortcut blocked off?

Thank you,
Jamby
There are physical barriers at those entrances you are looking at, it's for official Disney use only, not open to the public.
If you come via Vista Blvd you can go to any of the resort hotels but there's no way to head into the MK parking lot from there unless, again, you loop around and go on Floridian Way and then u turn to go towards the toll plaza
The only way to get to the parking lot is by entering through the toll plaza

..There is a turnaround back to MK about half a mile from the plaza but with the construction I've found it to be a little tough and actually dangerous to make a U turn there when its busy,a couple of times trying to make the U turn to go back home I've seen that turnaround closed due to the construction,but mostly later at night.A safer way to do a turn around there would be to go to Buena Vista Dr,make a left at the light and then just get back on World Dr to MK.

That's good advice. I didn't like the looks of the current state of that second turnaround either. I didn't try it, but I have to believe visibility would be difficult with the concrete barriers, especially if you have a low vehicle.

There are physical barriers at those entrances you are looking at, it's for official Disney use only, not open to the public...The only way to get to the parking lot is by entering through the toll plaza

Correct. Any outlet you see from parking lots are gate controlled for entry by cast members, except for the main exit, which is one way, of course.

Again, don't rely on any images you see of the area on Google Maps or the like. Those images are not recent and definitely don't accurately show the current state of construction.

Thank you to all who replied. If we decide to visit the park after dining I will go to Buena Vista Drive and turn around. I don't want to risk an accident to try and safe a few minutes.

Kind regards,
Jamby

Late question here (and I realize the time has probably already come and gone).. why wouldn't you just go straight from Chef Mickey's to Magic Kingdom via monorail or by walking? You'll already be parked at the Contemporary.. Was there a specific reason you wanted to park at the Magic Kingdom parking lot rather than walking or monorailing from the Contemporary?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter