• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What GIFTS can I bring back to dd's 3rd Grade class?????

As I said on the DB thread, I think SandraC has handled herself beautifully in the face of the attacks against her on this thread. I think that it says much more about the person that would publish a PRIVATE message than it does about the sender.

This is too much! this thread I am sure is going to be locked soon. I like Sandra's style and the way she handled herself with this thread. I am sorry Dr. happy if you feel other wise and felt the need to post her PM.
Sandra Have WONDERFUL trip! We cant' wait for you to tell us all about it! I wish I could be down there and spend time with your family! I know you will have a wonderful time and make many people around you happy!

WOW! Thanks everyone. Your supportive PM's were so nice to read, thank you all! I think this thread will be locked soon too. That's ok, I got lots of great information from you all. dd's class is going to love their gifts and video! And thanks to you all, our trip is going to be wonderful! I appreciate the time you all took to reply and I am thrilled with the endless amazing new info I read on these boards daily! As our trip approached, our excitement mounts! THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!

In turn, I hope I can help you all with your trip planning ~ I enjoy helping people! THANKS A BUNCH! Sandra C

As Moderators for these boards we are here to make sure everyone is treated with respect and that no one feels uncomfortable here.Especially when it's a topic as innocent as what sort of inexpensive souvieners can be found for a childs class.I HAVE read the entire thread and can't figure out why some continue to belittle the idea and my fellow Moderator.ENOUGH!!! We have a forum for that. A place we all have agreed it's okay to disagree.It's called the Debate Board. If those of you who wish to continue this "debate" on do you think bringing class gifts back from WDW is a good idea or bad idea feel free to add to the thread that was started over there.I'm not locking this for now as I think there are many great ideas and maybe more out there.

Thanks y'all!

Sandra, i think bringing back a little token thing for the children is a marvelous idea. i remember when one girl came back from her vacation and gave out little seashells to each student. the teacher then took that idea and ran with it - she incorporated the idea of seashells into a lesson, and fun was had by everyone. they definitely were not expensive or showy, but us kids sure liked them. :)

SEA SHELLS! Great Idea. I still have sea shells from a Florida trip dh and I took in 1986! dd now plays with them.

Last year at the LARGE Disney Store in DD I saw lots of stickers and kids Mickey tatoos too. I love the ideas that folks came up with here. SEA SHELLS! Again, excellent idea! Thanks Sandra

I teach first grade, and I love it when the children bring souvenirs to share with the class.

Everything is educational to a child! And while they may not be able to go to Disney now, they can learn from others and dream.

P.S. If you ask a CM s/he may give you a whole roll of Mickey stickers. I got a roll several years to use for souvenirs for my class and I'm still using them for treats.

41 days to go

tjmw2727 ~ you are right about EPCOT shops likely to add up big time $$$$. Funny, I know I went into the shops at Epcot, but I don't remember the little things. I remember clothes. I love the Epcot Passport idea! Our school has a wonderful multi-cultural student body that we are proud of and I think they would all love to see their countries represented in Epcot Passport. That would open discussion for all the students whose families are from different countries! I love it when the kids from dd's class come back from vacation and tell us about their adventures. Last year dd and I where invited to dd's friend/classmate from Egypt. His family went to Egypt for two months in the summer. Upon return we where invited over for treats from Egypt and LOTS of wonderful pictures. dd was so impressed to see Abdalla beside a pyramid. His family brought back such interesting and wonderful things for the school too. I have several stories like that ~ we are a sharing school. Your ideas are great!

I like the *teaching kids other languages too*!

You all gave such wonderful ideas about what to bring back for dd's class that I think lots will spill into the next trip! LOL! KEEP THEM COMING! Thanks! Sandra

Hey Sandra C,

The other Sandra C here, You don't remember the World Shoecase shops because like me, you had the kids along.I love looking there and it seems that DS and DH are always too tired by that point. Next trip we might go with another couple so we can trade off childcare ( not confortable with childcare at WDW) and I plan to spend my night off with DH in World Showcase!!

Jordan's mom

I'm glad I found this thread. I, too, volunteer regularly in my children's classes and have just "fallen" for all of these wonderful kids. The idea of books for the classroom is excellent! I'm going to have to do this. Copying the coloring book pages from the AK book - also excellent. I wonder if there are special WDW logo pencils - that would go over well and be practical and appropriate for the classroom. Anyone know if there are and where these would be found? Those epcot flags were pricey - my kids wanted them in Dec. and I believe they were around $4-$5. I leave in June so I'm taking notes from this thread.:p

I have given my DD's preschool class gifts (only 10 students). Once a CM gave me enough of those Mickey coloring books and stickers for entire class. I usually buy those Mickey or Pooh lollipops (5 to a bundle@ about $3.) and give each child one.

Only for the preschoolers though!!! They truly appreciate it, not like the Middle School children!!! (my oldest is in Middle School)

We like to bring back little token gifts for my children's classes. Lollipops, stickers, toys, etc. It's a nice way to say that I thought of you while I was gone. :) This is a great thread! :) I enjoy the debate too. ;) It's healthy. :)

I love this thread. We have done a couple of things, and have had a couple of different things brought back to us. One of the things that we have done is since my husband and myself do a lot of work with kids and music, for the kids that we work with, ie, Suncday School, and other Church kid things, we always go to the different countries in Epcot, and get few musical instruments that you can not not find around here, tell them where the instrument is from, and during certain songs, different kids get to play around with them. This could easily be done for a classroom too.. Some teachers have stuff like this around for kids to look at and play with. They are not that expensive, and the kids love playing them. Also, there are always little fun things on clearance, and cheap.. WE often hit the sale racks...

What we have had done for our kids at times are Mickey ears... Someone had found some animal kingdom ears on clearance for about $1 a piece, and brought those back for the whole class. Hitting the outlets are always a good idea, we have found a lot of the themepark items there for cheap.... This is a great topic, and has given us some ideas for the next adventure to Disney.......... Only 148 more days to go....

Great ideas, indeed! I'm all for the stickers, pencils, pretzels, etc. Small items are not a big deal. Kids like them all and I don't see how parents would object whether they are upper, middle, or lower class. When my son was in first grade, one of the girls in class whose parents are both attorneys gave each classmate a CD for Christmas. Fine, it's their choice. You graciously say thank you and keep going. Not a big deal.

i think dr. happy needs a dose of his own medicine, happy, i think you need to change your name, we brought back the children in my daughters 1st grade class pencils and stickers and suckers all bought from the walmart in orlando, they had mickey shaped suckers that came 12 in a bag they had mickey and minnie pencils that were 12 to a bag and stickers were dirt cheap, then we added sea shells from our beach trip, i think your doing a wonderful thing including the children, they appreciate it soooo much, and your teaching your child to be a loving and HAPPY child by sharing with others.

I've never really thought of bringing a memento back for my daughter's whole class...but what a great idea. Cookies, stickers, soaps or other little items...I know we'll be gathering things next time! I have to say...I love it when my friends bring me back little thoughtful things from their vacations. I feel lucky to have been thought of...it never occured to me to think of it as bragging on their part. I can't imagine that children would be any less appreciative than myself, a jaded old woman :) And I know my daughter will love sharing! Thanks for all of the tips on free or inexpensive tokens:)

My son's teacher went for a trip to WDW during spring break, she brought all the kids back one of the curly straws with Mickey or Minnie sitting on the curls. I can't tell you how much my son LOVES this thing. Straws are always fun for him, and having Mickey share his drink with him is even better. He talks about how Mrs. C went and all the things she told them about WDW and he really can't wait till our trip in august.

I have no clue how much they were, but they were small enough and simple enough I'd think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter