• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What foods did you used to enjoy but now don't ever eat?

We had a small boat when I was young. 15 foot open bow regular pleasure boat but on our 10 hp limit lake. Mom would make breaded steak cutlets and we would eat them cold on a sandwich for lunch out on the boat. Our grocery store was Kroger back then and they had the best semi-hard sandwich rolls. They were amazing and the steak sandwiches made with them were amazing.

I've been hunting for sandwich buns like I remember back then most of my life. No one makes them like those ones were. Sam's has an Italian sandwich roll that is close, but not quite.

Chef Boy R Dee mini ravioli--they don't taste anything like they used to
I agree. I still have a can every once-in-a-while but they're just not the same somehow as they were 30 years ago; it's not that my tastes have changed. :confused3

I watched a very interesting episode of "The Foods That Made America" regarding the Boiardi brothers basically introducing Italian cuisine to North American and getting the company off the ground in the '40's. I'll bet it was great when the stuff they were producing was actual, real food. :goodvibes

Popcorn. Swore off it ten or fifteen years ago. It’s tempting sometimes but don’t want to get it stuck in my throat. Yes, I’ve joined in that thread. I also limit sweets due to the carb count. Trying to keep my A1C at a healthy level.

Popcorn very bad for your teeth but dentists rarely warn you to never eat popcorn ! I learned the expensive way .

We had a small boat when I was young. 15 foot open bow regular pleasure boat but on our 10 hp limit lake. Mom would make breaded steak cutlets and we would eat them cold on a sandwich for lunch out on the boat. Our grocery store was Kroger back then and they had the best semi-hard sandwich rolls. They were amazing and the steak sandwiches made with them were amazing.

I've been hunting for sandwich buns like I remember back then most of my life. No one makes them like those ones were. Sam's has an Italian sandwich roll that is close, but not quite.
We have amazing rolls from bakeries and delis, my family out of state pick them up when in town. We flew to Hawaii with bread and Italian sausage years ago visiting SIL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter