• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What fish dish at Coral Reef?

quinnc19

DIS Veteran
I know it gets mixed reviews, but what did you like? I will probably want to order fish rather than steak/meat. Thanks!! :goodvibes

I loved the mahi both times I ordered it. I've also had the NY steak and it was yummy too!

I had the catch of the day, which was grouper, and it was served over a mushroom risotto. It was so good!

DS (11) loves the blackened catfish, DH loves the lobster ravioli, and I love the mahi mahi. Just skip right over the lobster/shrimp cakes if they are on the menu -- quite rubbery.

Been a while since I've eaten meat, but my advice for coral reef is if you're undecided, ask your server for a recommendation. I've done that a couple of times before and despite not being a big fish fan, they've never steered me wrong.

One tip I cna give you (and one of the reasons that I'm now vegan) is to check to see if the fish your planning on ordering is one of the species in the tanks. I spent most of my dinner too busy staring at the sweet grouper in the window and mentally apologizing for eating the amazing dinner in front of me. :rotfl:

I remember my wife having something there that included goat cheese polenta that was so good I almost fell out of my chair, so if you find something with that polenta, I say get it!

First time to Coral Reef I got the Mahi and it was really good, DW got the NY Strip Steak and really really loved it so or next 4 time to Coral Reef we each got the NY Strip.

I've ordered the Ahi Tuna dish twice, and enjoyed it both times. It was delicious. I have also had the Mahi Mahi before, and it was very good. I just preferred the Ahi better.

The catfish with the pepperjack grits was my favorite dish at Coral Reef, but it was no longer on the menu when I last at there in January. My server said several guests had vocalized their unhappiness about the decision. But she said the current chef is pleased with the offerings and currently has no intention to bring the catfish back. Not sure how informed she was, but she sounded knowledgeable.

Fortunately, the mahi mahi is also delicious and definitely worth trying.

Another vote for the Mahi. I enjoyed it in August 2008 and July 2009. I would order it again this year but we are not going to the Coral Reef this trip.

We just got back yesterday and ate at the Coral Reef on Thursday. It was ok. There was no blackened catfish on the menu or tuna. (could have been the catch of the day?) My sister had the salmon she said it was wonderful. I had the grouper (catch of the day) it was fabulous. The menu was limited. I love seafood and found the menu very limited to "seafood". No shrimp! which is my favorite:guilty:

DBF loved, loved, LOVED the lobster ravioli! I can't help you since I don't eat seafood but, the chicken caesar salad was also delicious!

DH and I were there in Feb. and we asked our server for her recommendation. she suggested the Mahi and we both loved it. The scallop appy was also good. Stay away from the Chocolate Wave unless you like super rich gooey desserts. Even this chocohalic could only eat two bites.

The catfish with the pepperjack grits was my favorite dish at Coral Reef, but it was no longer on the menu when I last at there in January. My server said several guests had vocalized their unhappiness about the decision. But she said the current chef is pleased with the offerings and currently has no intention to bring the catfish back. Not sure how informed she was, but she sounded knowledgeable.

Fortunately, the mahi mahi is also delicious and definitely worth trying.

Oh no, I was so looking forward to that catfish because it was to die for. I may even switch our reservation now and try some place different at Epcot. My DH had the mahi mahi and loved it but for me it won't be the same without catfish.

Thanks for all of the feedback! I was originally leaning towards the salmon, but all the love for the mahi has me reconsidering...:scratchin

When we went last year, my FIL got the mahi mahi and said it was the best he had ever eaten.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter