What extra can your guide offer?

Daisyrey

Earning My Ears
We have been talking to our guide about adding on some points, as we are international buyers we cannot take advantage of a lot of the offers available to US residents, such as magical beginnings and they won't let us upgrade our tickets to an annual pass.

These two things together would be worth about $3000 to us.

I wondered do guides have any power to offer anything else? We just feel a little deflated that we are excluded from a lot of things, but I am assuming due to laws about timeshare their hands are tied.

I seem to recall some UK bloggers talking about buying DVC and getting the Sorceror Pass. Who told you couldn't purchase it?

Guides and Member Services wouldn't be able to do a ticket upgrade. You would have to do it at Guest Relations once you get here and I'm not sure if the special discounted ticket for International guests is eligible, but you could try.

Thank you for the reply, I was thinking they are probably quite limited on what they can offer us.

Guest relations are saying that the UK tickets cannot be upgraded as they are discounted, I think from speaking to other UK DVC members there is mixed success at guest relations some will upgrade others refuse.

Guest relations are saying that the UK tickets cannot be upgraded as they are discounted, I think from speaking to other UK DVC members there is mixed success at guest relations some will upgrade others refuse
This problem is usually reported in connection with the (admittedly highly discounted) UK tickets. Tickets from other regions that follow the US pricing scheme more closely don't seem to cause this problem.
As you said, some people still do report success even with UK tickets.

Depending on your travel habits, the sorcerer pass can still make sense for UK travellers. But if you only travel once per year, offers like 14 days for the price of 7 with free memory maker will be hard to beat.

I'm UK. I got a $25 gift card for looking around Riviera.
Honestly, I would be happy with something like that, just a token to say, sorry we can't offer you any of the discounts, but here is a gift card to go get an ice cream 🍨

I don't think guides can do too much, the sense I have always gotten is that Disney doesn't do a lot of flexibility with how they do things - but maybe they are more empowered than I realize.

I don't think guides can do too much, the sense I have always gotten is that Disney doesn't do a lot of flexibility with how they do things - but maybe they are more empowered than I realize.
Disney is very restricted in what they can do by the FL laws covering time-shares.

Disney is very restricted in what they can do by the FL laws covering time-shares.
yes, but I think it is more than that... my understanding is companies like Westgate repeatedly play lets Make a deal like you're at a car dealership...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter