• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What does Creme Brulee taste like?

abk96

Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters
I've never had it and want to try it in WDW but I'm afraid I won't like it. Would you describe the taste like Panna Cotta or flan? I don't like these two at all. So if anyone can help me out on this one I would appreciate it.

It really does like yummy.

Hi
It's like a custard. It can come in all different flavors. My DD's and DH love it. I don't like it at all because I don't like eggs, and it's too eggy for me. I won't eat flan either for the same reason. My family loves that too. I think you should try it, then you'll know.:goodvibes

its like custard with a hard sugary top. It does come in many flavors although the orginal french kind is like caramel.

Like the PPs said it's custard like but it is VERY sweet. I don't care for really sweet things but I did eat all of my Creme Brulee and it was great. It wasn't a problem finishing the dessert but I did get a little sugar rush afterwards.;)

It is a baked vanilla custard. Brown Sugar is sprinkled on top then they use a blow tourch to melt it on top. It hardens like candy. I LOVE it:love:

... Like heaven. With a crunchy carmel sugar topping...

If you don't like flan or panna cotta, I doubt you will like creme brulee much. I love it, but I love any kind of custard.

You might try the pistachio creme brulee at Tony's, because the pistachio adds a little different flavor. That was one of the best desserts we tried on our trip. If you like that, and the texture doesn't turn you off, you might move on to the more typical vanilla flavor.

I love creme brulee and would hate to discourage anyone from trying something new, but it does seem a lot like flan or any egg custard to me. The funny thing to me is that I didn't try creme brulee for a long time because I didn't care for egg custard as a child. The flavor was fine, I didn't like the texture. Now I really like egg custards so I guess I somehow got past it! I really love creme brulee and always get it when possible. I still can't get past the "squicky" feel of green beans and mushrooms! My DH thinks I am crazy! (He's right, but don't tell him I said so) I know I probably am not helping you much. Could you taste someone else's before you committed to it? Also you can get a little one at the bakery in France. That would give you a chance to try it. Melissa

... Like heaven. With a crunchy carmel sugar topping...

If you don't like flan or panna cotta, I doubt you will like creme brulee much. I love it, but I love any kind of custard.

You might try the pistachio creme brulee at Tony's, because the pistachio adds a little different flavor. That was one of the best desserts we tried on our trip. If you like that, and the texture doesn't turn you off, you might move on to the more typical vanilla flavor.

You said it! :cloud9: I really liked Tony's creme brulee because the pistachio flavoring was so subtle that it took a second to realize what the background taste was. So good!

Thanks for all your replies. I do like sweet things. I have a big sweet tooth. I guess I'll just have to try it to see. If I don't like it I'll eat DH's dessert. I hope he doesn't mind.:)

Mommaof3, I understand your problem with green beans and mushrooms. I don't have problems with them, but I do with water chestnuts. In my opinion, you might as well chew on some Styrofoam peanuts.

I love Crème Brulee. But it is very similar to flan, which I enjoy too. And panna cotta, oh yummy! :woohoo:

I have never had any of the desserts mentioned but I LOVE custard!! I would definetly want to try the vanilla/original. What restaurants in Disney offer it?? :goodvibes

it tastes like soupy, watery pudding.

with a crunchy shell.

ok - but not something i'd get again.

I guess I'm different because I'm not a huge flan fan but I love creme brulee. To me flan is too stiff, closer to jello in texture. I adore a good creamy creme brulee, just a little more solid than a pudding. The chocolate creme brulee at France during F&WF--now that there was some heaven on a spoon...

suzimar57 - where on earth did you get that? It's sounds disgusting and not creme brulee-ish at all. I'd like to avoid it if possible (please say it wasn't Le Cellier).

If your Crème Brulee was soupy and watery, then you got a very bad one. And I have had a one here and there that have been exactly has you describe it. But those are not good ones. They should be firmer than pudding. As a matter of fact, if it tastes like vanilla pudding, you didn't get a good one either. It should taste more like custard and be firmer towards the consistency of jello, but not quite. I've had some bad ones even in the finest of restaurants.

I have never had any of the desserts mentioned but I LOVE custard!! I would definetly want to try the vanilla/orignal. What restaurants in Disney offer it?? :goodvibes

Here's a few:
Coral Reef L/D-Butterscotch Creme Brulee
Le Cellier L/D-Sampler
San Angelo Inn L/D-Flan de Vanilla
Concourse Steakhouse D-Vanilla Bean
Chefs de France L/D-Vanilla

I thought I had Vanilla Creme Brulee form Boulangerie Patisserie But I don't see it on the menu. When kids moved in, my memory moved out it seems! Melissa

i had the chocolate creme brulee 2 years ago during the FW at the france booth - and last september, had it at (sorry!) le cellier - again, it's just my opinion, didn't care for either - i'll probably try it again this coming october during FW - giving it one more try!

Here's a few:
Coral Reef L/D-Butterscotch Creme Brulee
Le Cellier L/D-Sampler
San Angelo Inn L/D-Flan de Vanilla
Concourse Steakhouse D-Vanilla Bean
Chefs de France L/D-Vanilla

I thought I had Vanilla Creme Brulee form Boulangerie Patisserie But I don't see it on the menu. When kids moved in, my memory moved out it seems! Melissa

That figures...none of those TS's are on our itinerary. Perhaps I need to make more changes?? ;)

I had the creme brulee at the boulangerie patisserie. it was very good, far better than I expected since I've only ever had it at a sit down restaurant before. definitely recommend it. mmm...yum.

We had a great Creme Brulee at Wolfgang Puck Express at Downtown Disney.

Yummy! :worship:

I was thinking about trying it at Wolfgang Puck Express and then if I enjoy it, I can order the sampler at Wolfgang Puck Cafe.

Now I'm really looking forward to trying it. Sometimes trying new things is a little scary for me. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter