What do your kids use at Disney...

Microcell

DIS Veteran
That wouldn't be immediately obvious if you were giving them a present?

We are getting things together to wrap up a present with things the kids could use at Disney, but at the bottom would be the invitation to go to WDW. We don't want them to realize until the actual invitation is opened, so what would you put in it?

So far I have M&M minis, and a roll of pennies and quarters. We haven't done pressed pennies this way so it should stump them.

Any other ideas?

That wouldn't be immediately obvious if you were giving them a present?

We are getting things together to wrap up a present with things the kids could use at Disney, but at the bottom would be the invitation to go to WDW. We don't want them to realize until the actual invitation is opened, so what would you put in it?

So far I have M&M minis, and a roll of pennies and quarters. We haven't done pressed pennies this way so it should stump them.

Any other ideas?

How old are your kids?

My ds loves a water mister/fan.

That would help to know.. they are 11 and 7. And though it looks like we are going in 209 days it is actually 9 days (the 11 year old is pretty sharp so I have to throw her off)!

If you think they will buy any souvenirs while in Disney, maybe you can get them each a Disney gift card to use.

glow sticks, tube of 15 for $1at micheals
nalgene water bottles
autograph book and pen -that would give it away...
get a picture puzzle from snapfish so they have to put it togther to realize what it says...I think they are only 20 pieces so you can put it toghter with out knowing what the end picture is.:banana:

Sunhat
Ponchos
Activity books or other things to do in the car/bus/airplane
Mister or personal fan
Sunscreen
Chapstick
Wallet or fannypack
Glowsticks

Hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, chapstick and the tickets and maybe a $25 gc each at the bottom. :)

Edited to add, PINS!!!! Go to the Collector's Board to see a list of sellers on eBay, or go to Disney Shopping.com and buy them some pins and maybe a lanyard. :)

Lots of great sugestions here. I totally agree with the hats, sunglasses, sunscreen and chapstick.

Also small (less than 3.4 ounces if you are flying so they can have it on the plane) hand sanitizer

If both are girls maybe some new hair ties/scrunchies (always nice to look good in all those photos).

gum (you can't buy it at WDW and it is good for ears on planes)

A waist pack with hand sanitizer, chapstick, bandaids, sunglasses. Then they can carry their own stuff around!

I have 3 girls and we are going in March. So far my list looks like this..

Sunscreen
new tooth brushes
travel games
crayons and coloring book
nintendo ds
cards
scrunchies and clips
hand sanitizer
travel tissues
lip balm
personal id cards ( cards with the parents info so kids can carry them)
roll quaters
fanny pouches
zip lock bag of mints and cough drops
box of gummi snacks a peice

Hope this helps you

When we surprised our kids at christmas the box contained:

Sunglasses
Ponchos
Mickey T-shirt for each
Birnbaum book for kids
Sunscreen

You could also include:
beach towels
travel games for the car or plane (maybe Uno or travel Connect Four,etc)
new DVD for car (if you have portable DVD player)
autograph books
bathing suits (they will think they are going to the beach...LOL)
Flip Flops

Hmmmmm…. Good question. The trick is "things that won’t give it away." For my kids, a Disney gift card, Disney Dollars, pins, lanyard, , ponchos, Disney books, pressed penny books and autograph books would completely give it away.

We’re doing a trip right after Christmas so we’ll be giving them lots of stuff at Christmas for the trip. They are getting a lot the give it away stuff (especially a Hidden Mickey’s book). We drive, so we’re giving them travel pillows (they need new ones, the old ones were lost in the move). We’ll also be giving them a roll of pennies and a couple rolls of quarters. They’ll get some activities for the car ride. They are getting a t-shirt and sweatshirt each. They are also getting new luggage (big duffle bags).

In the past, they have been given Disney Wallets, sunglasses, blankets for the car and hats.

Beach towels, bathing suits, goggles, sunscreen, lip balm with sunscreen, travel toiletries, journal, reusable water bottles (if they don’t already have one or two for school) and water mister fans can all be good ideas too. Of course, some depend on time of year. I also like the idea of a fanny packs; although I don’t see my boys using them, and since I have a stroller and a diaper bag…. Cameras are good too!

That's all I can think of for now.

A light up toy for the evenings- we bought some at Walgreens (for $3 or something) and they waved those things around like crazy - and lead the way for us so we could see them as we were going through crowds- it was much cheaper than buying on down there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter