What do you think....

MickeyCanada

Mouseketeer
What suggestions do you have for Disney to help us Canadians out with our low dollar?

I think they should offer us some kind of special Canadian rates for their resorts and passes. They give special Florida rates and they live right there and use the same currency. So why can't they do something for us? Any other suggestions?

Hi MickeyCanada,
I agree with you re a special rate for us 'Disney addicted Canadians'. I don't know about you, but whenever I have been, I always tend to spend over my 'planned' budget, as I just never know when I will get back again with the falling dollar and the rising gas prices affecting flights etc, so it certainly would be nice to have some special discount. I just wish they would let us pick the dates when they do these occassional 2 for 1 or the old Canadian$ at par passes. I found the dates available didn't always work with busy times at school etc. But I quess in the long run, we will still go back no matter what!:D

Hi MickeyCanada! :D

I think you and Wenabre have hit on the major incentives for more Canadians to visit WDW more often; special resort rates (better than DC), and passes at par.
I would love it if they had some special incentives (really special!) for Canadians who are interested in buying into the DVC.

Hi Mickey Canada!

I think I've made this post before, but I'll suggest it again. If you can't beat the US$, use it. Invest some U.S. currency in a U.S. stock and hope the market goes up. We invested $1000 US in 98 and watched it grow to the point where it paid for our 00 vacation. I know that this was an exceptional period for the DOW and NASDAQ, both of which crashed hard shortly after we got out, but I think that the equity markets will give you a better return than a savings account. Had we simply held our $1000 in a US account, it would have drawn very little interest, but it is a risk to throw it into the stock market. Worst case you have to hold some stocks which didn't pan out and find another way to save for the vacation. We plan to plow some money into the market in addition to regular vacation saving. If the stocks work out, great. If not, we'll have to hold and save the conventional way. The bottom line: The Canadian dollar is not going to outperform the US dollar anytime soon. I think we're stuck with a sub 70 cent dollar for a looonnnnnnggggg time. Investing is the closest you can get to getting paid in US currency - dividends and gains in the value of your stocks. Just make sure it's money you can afford to lose and don't go into margin.

I suspect most rate deals are in place to boost Disney attendance from certain areas. Disney must feel that it makes more than enough $$ off us Canadians. Perhaps if we all stop going to Disney, the deals will materialize.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter