What do you think of Narcoossee's?

noodle7729

Mouseketeer
My fiance and I are considering going to Narcoossee's for a private lunch following our wedding next August. We have never been here, our biggest pull is that we will have a room to ourselves with our 15 guests. What do you think? What is your favorite/ lease favorite dish? Thank you all in advance.

Jamie

We love Narcoossee's. When it was open for lunch, it was a place we went to every trip.

Tried for the first time on our last trip. The food was incredible, nice servers, lovely view. You will be pleased with your choice! I had a pan-roasted red snapper (or was it grouper?) and it truly melted in my mouth!

It is great. Great menu and service. Very nice atmosphere. You will enjoy it. It is one of the best places on property.

I have heard so many good things I am ready to try it again:D
Our experience (probable 10 years ago) was that it was crowded, noisy, and I don't remember the food. And I'm the kind of guy who remembers food;)

Before Narcoosee's hired a new chef, it was okay to pretty good. Now it's outstanding, up there with Citricos, Jiko, Artist Point, and the California Grill.

We had a birthday dinner at Narcoossee's last Thursday. Not only was the wine list terrific, the servers great and the food outstanding, but look what they did for a dessert tray (I had ordered this a couple of weeks in advance):

47b4cf00b3127cceaa9bb3a975680000002610

Thank you all for the comments. You've made me feel much better about our choice.

Can I ask how much the dessert tray cost and how you went about ordering it. I think that would be a wonderful addition to the dinner.

Jamie

I just requested concierge to make a PS for here. It's one of the restaurants to celebrate our 1st anniversary. I plan on ordering the slipper dessert and also a mini wedding cake with chocolate castle. We were wed at Disney.

I loved Narcoossee's in August. We went there for our anniversary. The only downside was we had very rude people stand on the porch in front of our window during the fireworks, blocking our view.

We enjoyed it very much. The Butternut Squash Crab Bisque was probably the best soup I've ever tried, although since then my allergy to crab progressed to the point I can't have it again. I had a pork tenderloin dish that was very good, DH had some seafood thing with lobster that was also very good. All around a very nice meal.

I have always wanted to try Narcoosees but the reviews haven't always been good but in the last few months I've read lots of great reviews. We're trying it on our next trip. I've read that the staff encourages people to watch the fireworks from the porch so having a window table won't guarantee you a view of the fireworks. Of course you won't have to worry about fireworks since you are having lunch. I think it will be a wonderful place for that. Best wishes!

The food and service are wonderful - and the atmosphere would be perfect. We love it - I'd say it's in our top 3 restaurants at WDW.

PamNC

Originally posted by Rafikifan
read lots of great reviews. We're trying it on our next trip. I've read that the staff encourages people to watch the fireworks from the porch so having a window table won't guarantee you a view of the fireworks

That's true. However, (1) the polite people stand so they're not in the diner's way and (2) these people did not appear to be dining guests, just interlopers. Next time, I'll ask my dinner to be held until after the fireworks in case some wide jerks stand in front of me again.

ETA: The jerks didn't only block us, but they also blocked the view of the little 6 year old girl next to us who was afraid of the fireworks noise. Her parents thought Narcoossee's was the perfect choice so she could see the fireworks without hearing the noise. It didn't work out that way. The jerks stood shoulder to shoulder at the railing even after my DH knocked on the window and asked them to move.

Thank you for starting this thread!

My FH and I are going on our DisneyMoon in July and Narcoossee's is one of the places on my list to go. I looked at the menu on Allearsnet.com and thought it would be perfect.

Thanks again!! I can't wait to go now!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter