What do you think is worth a snack credit?

FoxwithEars

Mouseketeer
Hi, I was just wondering, what do you think is definitely worth a snack credit from each park? Your opinions would be very helpful!!

mmmmm...dole whip float, but not based on monetary factor, but on yum factor. :thumbsup2 I think the cream of chicken and rice soup at sleepy hollow in MK is very very good and filling enough for a meal by itself. :)

Here's the very abbreviated list I put together for our trip last year. I don't know that everything is still considered a snack, and others might find other things more appealing, but these were the best combination of value (price if not using a snack credit) and our own interest (things we would want):

Magic Kingdom
Main Street Bakery: Ice Cream Sandwich, Key Lime Cheesecake, Smoothies
Main Street Ice Cream Shop: Ice Cream
Main Street Confect: Fudge, Chocolatears
Enchanted Cove: Capp. Float
Sunshine Tree Terrace: Citrus Swirl, RB Floats, Capp. Float
Mrs Potts: Brownie/Strawberry Float, Shake
Aloha Isle: Dole Whip, Pineapple Float
Auntie Gravitys: Floats, Sundaes, Smoothies
Sleepy Hollow: Capp Flt, IC Sand, Funnel Cake
Adventureland/Nut Cart: Pecans, Almonds

Epcot
World Showcase: Samples during F&W Festival
Fountainview Cafe: Waffle Cone, Shakes, Double Scoop, Floats
France/Boulangerie Patisserie
France/Crepes des Chefs de France
Germany/Sommerfest: Strudel, Blk For
Norway/Kringla: Capp Cheesecake
Canada/ Promenade Refreshments: Smoothies
Land/Nut Cart: Pecans, Almonds

Hollywood Studios
Backlot Express: Marble Cheesecake, Strawb Parfait
KRNR: Smoothies
Writer's Stop: Iced Mocha
Dinosaur Gertie’s: Waffle Cone
Min & Bills Dockside: Shake
Starring Rolls: Banana Split Cake, Cheesecake

Animal Kingdom
Anandupur: Egg Roll, Fried Rice, Choc Cake, Mango Pie
Dino Bite: Sundaes, Shakes, Floats, Ice Cream Sandwich
Harambe Fruit Market: Pineapple

jjohnson has a HUGE list of EVERYTHING that's been reported as being accepted as a Snack credit (sticky post in this forum), but I like consolidating it down into something that will fit on a single page (along with other reference info) for easy reference. I go through that list once a year (shortly before our trip) and update my list.

While there are some great options (see above) for snacks, as long as you're not running out too quickly, the best use of a snack credit is to get what you want, when you want it, without worrying about "value" too much.

That said, my personal favorites were the pineapple float at Aloha Isle (MK) and the ice cream sandwich at Dino Bites (AK).

Are you looking for a list of things to try, or a price point?

I am from the "spend it when you want it" camp- don't try to meter out your credits for the value, paying OOP for a soda, etc. You may find you have some left over if you do, or that you couldn't possibly stuff in another snack but you spent $30 OOP on snacks previously.

Looks like the parks are pretty much covered especially by MichaelColey (I thnk I'm going to print out his list to take with me) our favorite snack is back at the resort the Hot Fudge sundae with whatever fixins you want.I know they have this at POP but I'm sure this may be at all of the resorts.

One other favorite that I keep forgetting to add to my list... Some of the ice cream stands around the parks have Edy's Dibs. It's a box of little bite-sized chocolate covered ice cream bits. Great for sharing, tasty, refreshing on a hot day, and a good value.

Hi, I was just wondering, what do you think is definitely worth a snack credit from each park? Your opinions would be very helpful!!

If you are going to have snack credits left over, then anything that you would be paying OOP for. ;)

Looks like the parks are pretty much covered especially by MichaelColey (I thnk I'm going to print out his list to take with me)

:lmao: Actually I am starting to wonder if Michael Coley has a degree in Disney Dining and Restaurants. Always a wealth of info on his posts! That is a compliment to him BTW, not a criticism in any way. :goodvibes

:lmao: Actually I am starting to wonder if Michael Coley has a degree in Disney Dining and Restaurants. Always a wealth of info on his posts! That is a compliment to him BTW, not a criticism in any way. :goodvibes
Just a food junkie, a planner, and a cheapskate. Combine those three, and you'll plan out every aspect of the DDP (which we get during Free Dining!) to maximize both the value and the quality of food. ;)

I have a similar list of which CS restaurants we frequent, and booked our TS restaurants 180+10 days out. :thumbsup2

FWIW, it's not just Disney. All of our vacations seem to be centered around food. ;)

Just a food junkie, a planner, and a cheapskate. Combine those three, and you'll plan out every aspect of the DDP (which we get during Free Dining!) to maximize both the value and the quality of food. ;)

I have a similar list of which CS restaurants we frequent, and booked our TS restaurants 180+10 days out. :thumbsup2

FWIW, it's not just Disney. All of our vacations seem to be centered around food. ;)

Well, whatever your motivation, it is to the benefit of MANY of us on these boards! :thumbsup2

Michael,

What a great list-thank you! I have a question-we are most likely going to do the quick service dining plan, which also includes a snack. Do you know if your items are included on QSDP?

Actually, it's 2 snacks per person per night on QSDP. The snacks on each plan are identical.

Yes, the definition of a snack is the same on all of the plans.

If you're going on the QSDP (with twice as many snacks!), definitely look over jjohnson's list. You can probably piece together some meals. And if you can do it, go during the Food & Wine festival, as you can DEFINITELY make a meal out of the samples there (using snack credits). My favorite every year is the Lobster Rolls. Something like $7.25 OOP, but you can still use a snack credit for them (at least we could every year through last year - we won't know until 10/1 when the F&W festival opens if we can this year!).

Sigh... I just finished lunch, and I'm getting hungry again.

Yes, the definition of a snack is the same on all of the plans.

If you're going on the QSDP (with twice as many snacks!), definitely look over jjohnson's list. You can probably piece together some meals. And if you can do it, go during the Food & Wine festival, as you can DEFINITELY make a meal out of the samples there (using snack credits). My favorite every year is the Lobster Rolls. Something like $7.25 OOP, but you can still use a snack credit for them (at least we could every year through last year - we won't know until 10/1 when the F&W festival opens if we can this year!).

Sigh... I just finished lunch, and I'm getting hungry again.

Would you mind posting your CS choices? I saw you have a similar list to your snacks. Thanks!

Also, check out the Kusafri Bakery in Animal Kingdom. They have some WONDERFUL looking cupcakes and brownies.

Are you looking for a list of things to try, or a price point?

I am from the "spend it when you want it" camp- don't try to meter out your credits for the value, paying OOP for a soda, etc. You may find you have some left over if you do, or that you couldn't possibly stuff in another snack but you spent $30 OOP on snacks previously.

This is the right idea. The first time we had the dining plan we paid oop for drinks and used the snack credits for edible snacks. Big mistake. On the last day we had at least 10 snack credits left. we were able to use them in the gift shop but would have been better used along the way.

Would you mind posting your CS choices? I saw you have a similar list to your snacks. Thanks!
Sure. I have a feeling that tastes and focuses (healthy, best value, portion size, etc.) can vary quite a bit, and this is just a highlight of things I knew my family would like, with a focus on the best values on the DDP and the largest portions (we generally share to stretch out our CS credits). Also (not reflected here), we do CS meals at Pepper Market (Coronado Springs) and Wolfgang Puck Express (Downtown Disney) any day we're not at a park (or for breakfast on the way to the park). Great values, food and portions both of those places.

Magic Kingdom
Cosmic Ray’s: Chicken & Ribs
Columbia Harbor House: Fish & Chicken, Shrimp, Salads
Pinnochio's Village Haus: Pizza with Salad, Medit. Salad, Chicken Caesar
Main Street Bake Shop: Deli
Tomorrowland Noodle Station: Beef & Broccoli, Chicken Caesar

Epcot
Mexico/Cantina de San Angel: Combo Plate
Norway/Kringla Bakeri og Café: Gourmet Sandwiches
China/Lotus Blossom: Asian
Morocco/Tangierine Café: Wrap, Shwarma Platters, Meatballs, etc.
UK/Yorkshire Fish: w/chips
Land/Sunshine Seasons: Two Asian Entrees & Two Sides $9.69, Salmon, Sandwiches, Chicken

Hollywood Studios
Fairfax Fare: Chicken & Ribs
Pizza Planet: Pizza
Starring Rolls Café: Deli
Studio Catering: Pulled Pork Sub

Animal Kingdom
Flame Tree: Ribs or Chicken
Anandupur: Asian

All time favorite for taste and size... cinnamon roll at Main St Bakery. They are huge, and yum.

A close second place would be dole whip in MK. My kids love the chocolate covered frozen bananas in Dinoland, and of course the mickey ice cream popsicle. A better value then the popsicle would be a double cone at Main Street ice cream parlor because you get at least 2x the ice cream for the same amount of snack credits.

Anything during the food and wine festival. We once saved almost all our snack credits by bringing our own bottled waters and small bags of chips and popcorn into the parks, and then proceeded to "snack" our way around world showcase starting by trying any festival kiosk with a short line and trying all 3 things they offered. Although some items cost more than 1 snack credit, we had some delicious food we might not have tried otherwise and had arguably the best (and definitely the yummiest) afternoon of our trip.

Incidentally, we now always bring our own drinks and don't waste snack credits on them. We bought wide mouth water bottles on a strap at walmart and fill them with ice water and refill them with whatever beverage we order at our TS or CS lunch and dinner. My mom often froze several regular water bottles and wore them in a small backback to keep her cool in the heat as well as hydrated. There are just way to many delicious snack options to waste them on a generic drink.

...smoothies on the other hand are worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter