• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you put in your G.O.R.P.?

KelliLee702

Anything can happen if you let it.
Remember making/mixing together GORP?

G= Granola?
O= Oatmeal?
R= Raisins
P= Peanuts

What do you put in your recipe? :confused3

Common items include:
CranRaisins, M&Ms, other various nuts, Goldfish, pretzels, popcorn, etc.

Mini chocolate chips, or big ones.

Almonds
Cashews

dried cranberries, almonds, dry roasted edamame, pumpkin seeds
:thumbsup2

Usually just peanuts, raisins & plain M&M's or chocolate chips.

If I know it will be eaten that same day or the next day, I'll throw in goldfish crackers or popcorn, but if left too long, they tend to get crushed.

Yum, sounds good! :thumbsup2 I think I'll have to make some this weekend, but with teenage boys, it never lasts long around here. :confused3 :goodvibes

LOL, gorp, i have not heard that in years.:rotfl2:

i wish i made my own, but i usually just buy the standard trail mix with cashews, almonds, raisins, m&m's, and dried banana

Mini chocolate chips, or big ones. Girls will love these!

Almonds
Cashews

dried cranberries, almonds, dry roasted edamame, pumpkin seeds Did not think of these! ~ Thanks!
:thumbsup2

Usually just peanuts, raisins & plain M&M's or chocolate chips.

If I know it will be eaten that same day or the next day, I'll throw in goldfish crackers or popcorn, but if left too long, they tend to get crushed. This is true!

Yum, sounds good! :thumbsup2 I think I'll have to make some this weekend, but with teenage boys (And a whole bunch of Girl Scouts!), it never lasts long around here. :confused3 :goodvibes

Golfish pretzels, craizins and cashews

LOL, gorp, i have not heard that in years.:rotfl2:

i wish i made my own, but i usually just buy the standard trail mix with cashews, almonds, raisins, m&m's, and dried banana Forgot about these!

Thanks everyone . . . we are going to have some great GORP for our trip! :woohoo:

Mixed nuts
Raisins
Golden Raisins
Dried blueberries
Dried cherries
Dried pineapple
Dried strawberries
Chocolate chips - depending on where it's going. I leave them out if its going to be hot

I started with a recipe for Oregon Trail Mix from activitytv.com and modified it to fit my mood

Raisins
Plain M&Ms
Peanuts
CranRaisins
Goldfish
Cheerios
Dried Banana Chips
Almonds
Dried Blueberries
Mini Marshmallows
Sweet Tarts
Yogurt Covered Raisins

What do you think?

I would pick out the banana chips (after a bad experience with bananas and milk in the same cooler following a Christmas trip to Disneyland I can hardly stand them), but otherwise it sounds good

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter