• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do You Prefer Fishlips/Grills/Rusty??

taylorpn

Earning My Ears
Hi,
We are arriving two days early before our cruise and we want to watch the ships leave from port one day(I think Friday). Which restaurant would you suggest. We are a group of 8- 4 adults and 4 kids ( ages 7 & 4). What time do you need to arrive as well?
Thanks!!

We went to Fishlips the night before our July 11 embarkation and thought it was great! It wasn't crowded at all downstairs (since we were all adults we were given a choice), and I want to say we went around 6? Granted, it was a Wednesday night, but still during heavy summer season.

Thanks, did you see the ships leaving at 6:00?

Only one ship was in port when we got to PC (after 4:30 as we drove from Key West), and it was only still there because it was waiting on two buses filled with Brazilian teenagers. (Yes, we know that as we encountered them at a service plaza and then saw the buses speeding to port, shortly after which the ship left.)

Hi,
We are arriving two days early before our cruise and we want to watch the ships leave from port one day(I think Friday). Which restaurant would you suggest. We are a group of 8- 4 adults and 4 kids ( ages 7 & 4). What time do you need to arrive as well?
Thanks!!

I believe there is only one ship that sails on Friday (RCCL Enchantment of the Seas) and it sails at 4:30. If you can go on Thursday there are 3 ships, including Dream.

You'll want to get there well before that if you want a table at the railing in any of these places. All 3 places are good, but I would rank them:

1. Rusty's - large deck, good food and a very reasonably priced happy hour menu
2. Fishlip's - Nice covered deck area, if it might rain I'd prefer this over Rusty's, also good food and happy hour menu.
3. Grill's - Smaller seating area by the water, nice inside, didn't think the food was as good as the Rusty's or Fishlip's.

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for!! Rusty's looked like a great menu. I appreciate your feedback.

Take in any of the restaurants there and you'll do fine.

Our personal favorite happens to be Grills.

Enjoy.

Personally, I'm a Fishlips girl!
We enjoy the menu there. I also like to support them because they are the ones who house the Port Canaveral Webcam that I enjoy watching so much.

I'm not sure what day you are sailing, but you did say you were arriving 2 days early. Usually Thurs is good, you would get to see the Disney Dream. If Sat is a possibility it is also good as you would see the Disney Fantasy, unless you're sailing on her on Sat. Carnival Dream is usually in port on Sat along with the Fantasy.

As for arrival time, we like to be there early, usually around 4 PM. That way we pretty much have our pick of tables. We like to sit in the covered deck upstairs. We have a good view of the ships before they sail. We just take our time with our meal so we are sure to see the ships when they sail by. Usually they sail between 4:30-5:30, depending on how many ships are in port. Sometimes, a ship that is just making Canaveral a port of call will sail later.

We have been known to make a day trip to Fishlips when our friends are sailing from PC, sometimes with a beach day before dinner. It gets really funny waving to our friends as they sail by, and makes for some good sail away pictures for their vacation album.

Thanks again for the replies. We are arriving on the Thursday, but not until later in the evening. We are leaving Saturday on the Fantasy!! Yahooo! So, that leaves us with Friday for supper out. Looks like we cant go wrong with any of them!

For years I owned a condo in Cocoa Beach and I had always gone to Grills just for the view, DCL sailings, and coupons (the food in my opinion isn't very good at Grills), but then tried Fishlips one year and was astounded at how good the food was!

I miss Fishlips!

So that would be my vote. :thumbsup2

Hi,
Thanks!!

I've been to Grills and Rustys and both are good, but I prefer Rustys. I will never eat a place called Fishlips.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter