What do you mean the slide is closed...

Poohlove

DIS Veteran
We are set to arrive in the evening of January 16th for a 6 night stay at the Yacht Club Resort. I was just looking over the list of rehabs and closures and saw that the slide in SAB is closed from Jan 17-25th. Part of the reason that we are staying deluxe this time around is because of the slide. (This is not the only slide that is closed at this time, I'm just venting) Now I am not so sure that I want to part with all of that money when we can stay moderate for so much less, we do have a room only ressie so there is time to change but I'm so sad:sad:

What would you do?

I'd switch to CSR which has an amazing slide.. which hopefully will be open?

If the pool slide is important to you, I would do as the PP said and switch to CSR and save money. If you are staying at the YC for other reasons (convenience to Epcot/DHS) then I would stay put. Although it may be possible, there is absolutely no guarantee you will be able to swim during you trip. We have been in Jan 3 times and usually have at least one day warm enough, but it varies greatly.

I agree with the PP concerning the weather. It could be warm enough to swim every day or not at all while you are there. We had one year that it was barely warm enough to swim one day, and the next it was warm the whole week. I believe the slide at AKL will be closed when we will be there, too. GL with whatever you decide. :goodvibes

Oh right the January temperatures!! I forgot about that.

I'm going next week and the warmest projected weather right now is just 75 degrees. That would make for a chilly time getting out of the pool!

It's possible they'll allow use of the Boardwalk pool. Not certain on that though. But if the slide is extremely important I would move to a resort that will have a slide available.

I think you have the option of using BWI pool when the slide is closed. Me personal if I was going to switch just for a slide & wanted to be in the Epcot resorts, I would see if I could switch to BWI. It would be a lot easier than walking over to BWI daily to swim just for the slide use. I would def factoring the weather. How many days do you really think you are going to use the pool in January if it was August I would say make a switch. For January I would stick it out.

pamkat1820 said:
I think you have the option of using BWI pool when the slide is closed. Me personal if I was going to switch just for a slide & wanted to be in the Epcot resorts, I would see if I could switch to BWI. It would be a lot easier than walking over to BWI daily to swim just for the slide use. I would def factoring the weather. How many days do you really think you are going to use the pool in January if it was August I would say make a switch. For January I would stick it out.

Boardwalk pool is closed January 28 thru early march. Some people think it might be closing earlier. (January 2nd) There have been varying reports.

The BWI pool will remain open until the 28th. BC/YC/BCV guests are permitted to use the BWI pool during the slide refurb.

We will be at the BCV at the same time as the OP and are so psyched! We don't have any young kids with us, though, so not too bummed about the slide.

OP, I agree with a switch to CSR. My daughter and her friends like it better than the SAB slide.

I am staying at the BC at the same time as the OP and just received a "For Your Future Enjoyment" letter. I am really excited about this. The rest of Stormalong Bay is still open and we get to use the pool and slide at the Boardwalk. To me we are getting rewarded with more than is being taken away :) Stormalong Bay is much more than just the slide and now we have an extra pool and slide to explore as well with a shuttle to take us over to it :) All good :)

Oh right the January temperatures!! I forgot about that.

I'm going next week and the warmest projected weather right now is just 75 degrees. That would make for a chilly time getting out of the pool!

75 is too chilly...and you call yourself Canadian...lol. Try running from an outdoor hot tub into the house in the dead of winter...now that's a bit chilly!!!

I went down the SAB slide once - never again! It hurt! Maybe they are taking away the ouch factor. I can only hope! I say stay at YC, enjoy ALL it has to offer and go to the slide at BWI if it's important. YC is wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter