• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you love about SSR?

donaldbuzz&minnie

Happy to be here!
DVC Silver
We were very lucky to have found a last minute studio anywhere on property. We just got back from a quick trip and were very grateful to be in SSR for a long weekend during the Christmas season. We were in a good location close to the Carriage House, but I have to say that SSR is just not my cup of tea. I know that there are lots of DVC members who really love it and I'm curious as to what those of you who do love most about it. :)

While it's not #1 on our list we really enjoy SSR and have a stay coming up in April (by choice lol). We just find it quiet and relaxing plus being close to DS is convenient. The updated rooms look very nice as well and with the murphy bed coming instead of the pull out couch it will probably move up on our list once that's all done.

The outdoor entrances to the rooms make the rooms quieter, eliminated the noises echoing down long hallways.
Beautiful grounds.
I like the sprawling layout.
Proximity to Disney Springs.
I love SSR and would be quite content to stay there 100% of the time.

We have stayed at SSR a few times ourselves. We were happy to grab a reservations a few months prior for our stays.

We have no complaints and are happy to be there.

Great Community Hall (if you have children/grandchildren)
Golf
Spa
Great pools - quiet and main
Close to DS
Park outside your unit
Beautiful grounds
Good QS and restaurant on-site
Great CMs

We love the peacefulness of the resort and also the proximity to Disney Springs for great restaurant choices. Also love the pools especially the paddock pool and love being able to park right by our villa when we drive. We own here and are very excited about the refurb!

Currently purchasing a contract here because we keep using our points from a different resort and have always enjoyed SSR for many of the above reasons.

I think it has a lot of nicer options for pools that many of the other deluxe resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter