What do you like in your green salad?

I had lunch at a friend's house recently and she put dill pickles in the salad. I discreetly picked them out of my bowl. Ewww!

I had lunch at a friend's house recently and she put dill pickles in the salad. I discreetly picked them out of my bowl. Ewww!
For me, dill sour pickles belong in potato salad mixed with equal parts sweet pickles. Great way to keep the man and I happy in Compromise Land.

We also like dilled quick pickled cukes on our relish tray which can serve as a salad course as times.

I like spring mix salad, with finely sliced cucumbers, yellow tomatoes, sunflower seeds, olives, and garbanzo beans and ranch dressing

Hard Boiled eggs, blue cheese crumbles, tomatoes, olives, garbanzo beans, ham, carrots, peas, avocado, mandarin oranges, blueberries, strawberries, Lima beans. I’m open to about anything except cheddar cheese, croutons, peppers, onions & bacos.

Our base salad is iceberg, romaine, baby spinach, cucumber, radishes, carrots, green onion and tomato. From there we all toss on whatever else we’d like, garbanzo, kidney beans, sunflower seeds, bacon bits, croutons. Older DD and I are Blue Cheese people while the rest are Ranch people. I will toss on leftover protein and veggies from dinner the next day for lunch. One of my favorite lunches is adding leftover Tri Tip and shucked corn on the cob to a salad. I’m usually more excited about that than the original dinner. Love a great salad.

I am kind of strange about salad. I have to start (bottom to top) with lettuce, add olives (black, green or both), shredded cheese, cottage cheese, catalina dressing and bacon bits.

*if egg is available, I might put a small amount on after the shredded cheese... depending on my mood.

For me, dill sour pickles belong in potato salad mixed with equal parts sweet pickles. Great way to keep the man and I happy in Compromise Land.

We also like dilled quick pickled cukes on our relish tray which can serve as a salad course as times.

Yes, they definitely belong in potato salad. My friend had made a salad with lettuce and tomato and threw dill pickles in. Ummm...no. I'd like some of your potato salad, please. :)

If you were making a salad what would you put in it?

My favorites are blue cheese crumbles, candied pecans & dried cranberries. Others would be carrots, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, sprouts. I can take or leave croutons.
Yes ! Same with me. Only i prefer feta.

I like pretty much anything in a salad. I prefer the spring mix greens with extra spinach and then anything pretty much goes. Cherry flavored craisens are good. Sunflower seeds or pecans or croutons for the something crunchy. Blue cheese or cheddar or really any cheese. Apples are a must--also in chicken or tuna salad. Grapes can be good. I really am not picky when it comes to salad. My fridge is full of different kinds of salad dressing. But I make my own sometimes too.

A friend at work shared her salad with me one day and it was so good. Basically it was just lettuce and a few "normal" salad veggies. But she made a crunchy topping with ramen noodles, walnuts and pecans sautéed in butter and a homemade "Asian" dressing. It was really good.

For holidays we always make a 7 Layer salad. It's just lettuce on the bottom and 5 more veggies in layers: shredded carrots, peas, celery, yellow squash, green onions are the usual. Then mix mayo and sugar and spread over top layer and then cheese on top. It needs to be made well before dinner and allow the mayo time to seep down into the layers. Really good and I really don't like mayo that much. You can add anything and certainly are not limited to the layers. May add cranberries and pecans for Thanksgiving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter