What do you do with your KTTW card on excursions/swimming?

PRINCESS VIJA

Viva Latvia!
I don't remember at all what we did with our cards when we went swimming last year. I am pretty sure we had a lanyard but I have NO clue what we did when we went swimming. We didn't get to dock at CC so no idea at all what do you do there??? When you go snorkeling, parasailing, swimming, what do you do with your key? Thanks a bunch!

We use what is called a surf safe. It hangs around your neck on a cord and is waterproof. You can buy them on board but I got ours from an office party we had and they were DIS green!

On board they come in two sizes. A thin one that will hold your KTTW, liscense, and maybe a few dollar bills or a thicker one that looks like it could also hold keys or a larger number of cards etc.

Here's a link to store that carries them. http://www.magellans.com/store/Wallets__Purses___Totes___Security_WalletsSV102?Args=

There was another thread just the other day on just this same topic.

We purchased the waterproof boxes on lanyards at REI for just a few buck...they fit a few credit card sized item in them...they also have larger ones that will hold a pack of cigs or even more cards and some cash.

We also found they had the same things onboard for right about the same amount BUT the ones onboard have the cute DCL logo printed on them. I think on the ship they had Red, Blue or white ones.

We found they were the easist thing to have when on excursions...that way we were able to keep our ID, KTTW card, CC and some cash with us (ON us) all the time. And we didn't have to worry about pick pockets or setting our bag/purse down anywhere. pirate:

We got one of the waterproof boxes on lanyards on the ship. I think the small one was about 5 dollars. It came in white, red or blue with the cruiseline logo. I think it actually came in three sizes. It made a great souvenir for us, I can use it for pool passes etc. this summer.

I also bought one about 5 years ago at Walmart for the unbelievable price of $.99! Its a little bigger than the size of a cigarette pack, (I was holding my DSIL's cigs when we went to Dorney Park and were in the waterpark section). I've had it for 5 years and it still is as good as new. Try Walmart or Target. I found it in the camping section. Its yellow and has a black soft cord which I usually put around my neck and then twirl it around my bathing suit's strap for extra security. I've used it all day at Typhoon Lagoon and even when I went swimming with the sharks I had it on had my KTTW card, license, cash and coins. HTH :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info! I will have to get one of those. it is getting closer and closer, I can hardly believe it!!! :cool1:

DH found a swimsuit with a waterproof pocket. It has a heavy duty soft plastic pouch with a couple ziploc type closures on it so it keeps money, kttw cards, and ID dry. It is attatched inside a velcro pocket for his swimsuit and it works great.

I'm still curious: how do you avoid having it get in the way or get lost or float away when swimming? Thank you.

By the way, I am much more worried about my drivers license than I am about my key card.

PRINCESS VIJA said:
I don't remember at all what we did with our cards when we went swimming last year. I am pretty sure we had a lanyard but I have NO clue what we did when we went swimming. We didn't get to dock at CC so no idea at all what do you do there???

What month was your cruise during?

I believe the holder that DCL sells is waterproof (it was too cool at CC to actually go swimming when we were there, so we never actually tested that)

Disney Planner Mama said:
I believe the holder that DCL sells is waterproof (it was too cool at CC to actually go swimming when we were there, so we never actually tested that)

During what month did you go on your cruise? How is the water in early May?

mitsguy2001 said:
During what month did you go on your cruise? How is the water in early May?

I went in mid-May last year. It was a little bit chilly, but not enough to give me goosebumps.

ironwill1979 said:
I went in mid-May last year. It was a little bit chilly, but not enough to give me goosebumps.

Although, it says you are in Florida, so you are probably used to warmer water, so hopefully it will be ok for me.

Ive gotten mine at REI too, they were having an online sale, they work great, completely waterproof!!

mitsguy2001 said:
What month was your cruise during?
Hi,
I don't know why I said last year... maybe wishful thinking! We went in December of 2003. We swam on the ship and it was warm at Nassau, but the weather the day we were supposed to go to CC was cold and windy. We couldn't dock, and DD barely spent 15 minutes in the pool that day. She is a die hard swimmer, and I would say there were only a couple of kids in the pool. When are you going? Hopefully it will be super warm for you and you can enjoy the great swimming and weather! :sunny:

PRINCESS VIJA said:
Hi,
I don't know why I said last year... maybe wishful thinking! We went in December of 2003. We swam on the ship and it was warm at Nassau, but the weather the day we were supposed to go to CC was cold and windy. We couldn't dock, and DD barely spent 15 minutes in the pool that day. She is a die hard swimmer, and I would say there were only a couple of kids in the pool. When are you going? Hopefully it will be super warm for you and you can enjoy the great swimming and weather! :sunny:

Sorry to hear that you couldn't dock at CC. Were you on a 3 or 4 night cruise? If a 4 night, did they try again to dock at CC the next day, but fail again? I will be on a 4 night cruise April 30 - May 4, 2006. Hopefully we'll have good weather; although the weather history for that week in some years on weatherunderground.com, as well as the statistics seem somewhat bleak.

We were on a 3 night. It was an amazing time even without CC. I just know it would have been more magical!!! So glad we get another turn at this. I'll keep thinking happy thoughts for your trip. Then when you get back send me a PM and let me know how wonderful CC really is!!! :thumbsup2 :cool1:

PRINCESS VIJA said:
We were on a 3 night. It was an amazing time even without CC. I just know it would have been more magical!!! So glad we get another turn at this. I'll keep thinking happy thoughts for your trip. Then when you get back send me a PM and let me know how wonderful CC really is!!! :thumbsup2 :cool1:

Again, sorry to hear that you couldn't dock at CC. But glad that you had a good time anyway. What did you do on your extra day at sea?

Based on the weather history at weatherunderground.com, it sounds like you were scheduled to go to CC on either Dec. 6 or Dec. 20. Which one was it? I'm just asking so I can figure out what type of weather they don't dock in.

As for whether or not I can send you a PM about how CC is: that depends on whether or not my cruise is able to dock there, and how the weather is that day. So I could end up in the same situation as you.

mitsguy2001 said:
I'm still curious: how do you avoid having it get in the way or get lost or float away when swimming? Thank you.

By the way, I am much more worried about my drivers license than I am about my key card.

The box is on a strap or lanyard...that you wear around your neck. I tucked mine under my arm when I swam some of the time...but it really didn't float up and get in the way. When you in the water snorkeling....your swimming foward it naturaly kinda floats behind. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter