What Do You Do While Waiting In Line?

I will talk to anyone...

and lots of people in Disney lines will definitely talk to you - now if they are on anything - phone, kindle, whatever - don't bother them - but most people with little kids love to talk. Just say how cute their kids are.

if they don't meet your eyes are you say hello - find someone else.

Now that I am no longer going solo, I will be chatting it up with my sister. Thanks again for all of the feedback, though. :)

hey I learned how to talk to others when I was with someone else. Now it does not bother me at all

Oh believe me, I am a very chatty and friendly person. I will give anybody vacation advice, assist where it may be needed, say hello if somebody looks like they are having a bad day or just talk to talk. My sister may end up telling me I am talking to "strangers" more than her. :chat:

always fun to chat it up with someone new but most of the time I'm on my phone playing around

I think I spent about 80% of my time in lines on my solo trip texting my family's group chat about all the things I have been doing and sending them pictures as they yelled about how jealous they were about everything.

This is definitely going to be me. Heck, it's already me just with the planning.

When I do lines solo, I look up. No, seriously!

Especially on the older rides where they had to use theming in the queues to entertain guests in the pre-FP era, if you look up you often see interesting details you didn't notice before.

Oh believe me, I am a very chatty and friendly person. I will give anybody vacation advice, assist where it may be needed, say hello if somebody looks like they are having a bad day or just talk to talk. My sister may end up telling me I am talking to "strangers" more than her. :chat:
That's too funny! My son always told me that in the first couple of trips we took. Now he's the first one to start up conversations with "strangers". I love it! It's made him a friendly, outgoing person. (Just like his mom!)

I love talking to people around me. Everyone has ONE thing in common at least... their love for Disney, right! You never know when you'll make a forever friend at while waiting in lines.

I like to take pictures of the queue area and look for extra details. I also have a couple of games on my phone I'll play. But if you're in Disney staying glued to your phone is a bit of a crime.

I personally like to just take it all in. It's generally a time where I can stop and find some better angles for pictures or just discover something new I never noticed because a group is focus'd on getting somewhere. Disney is really enjoyable when you don't have the pressure of having to see everything or can easily jump past a crowd and then jump back when another area gets a little emptier. It's also nice to just sit down and listen to what others are doing, I can't tell you how many times I heard of something last second and asked them where it was happening.

It's fairly easy to spot the solo travelers or friendly adult couples/groups. After a few times it'll make saying hi to them easier as they've noticed you also. It's funny without kids about to be run over by a wheelchair, you notice a lot more of disney.

Don't forget about the single riders line. Generally faster than fastpass and lots of other singles with you.

Last edited:
OK everyone, put the kindles, phones, pads, etc. down and start up a conversation with those standing in line with you. I have met people from all around the world and even a few from my own home town. Talking to those trapped in line with you immediately gives you a share point, some thing to begin talking about. It makes time go faster and some times I have actually wished the line had moved slower because of the interesting conversations we were having. Meeting people from all over is one of the reasons we travel to WDW. So next time, drop the electronics and enjoy the people surrounding you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter