What do you do to afford your Disney Parks habbit?

I pick up every overtime shift that I can, and I also drive for Uber and Lyft on my days off.
Have you found you really turn a profit? I’m not sure how much confidence to put in the articles that highlight how little Uber and Lyft drivers make on average.

Well as advised by someone on boards a couple months ago to save on groceries I go to food pantry and get free food. I also know how to play the system and get government money (think faking disability). Shoplifting and returning those items and panhandling also supplement my income. I have a few lawsuits I’m waiting to collect on then it’s Disney here we come.

Disney hasn't priced us out yet but we generally just go for a few days and build it into a longer general FL trip. We do a few days in the parks and then head to one of the two coasts to visit family and friends we have down there.

I've always been about 50/50 with onsite vs off but we will likely skew more offsite in the future, especially with a child.

Don't you mean "sell" them? Here in Canada blood & plasma donations are not compensated, unless of course you count juice and cookies. :sad2: Doesn't get you very far towards a trip to Disney. :rotfl2:
In the US, you can be paid for plasma donations.

We save vacation money every year. I don’t have an issue saving money from our paychecks but am not giving up our entire life to fund a yearly Disney trip so no extra work, no giving up doing things we like through the year, etc.

We haven’t been in a few years but will be planning a trip with our grands in the short future. I will plan, price, save some, book and then continue paying toward it if we do a package or put it in savings if not.

Actually, we just stopped going and realized it is okay, that we do not go every year. 4 years ago, we decided there was so much construction going on, we agreed to wait a few years. So, we have been saving each month, for the last 4 years, and we are planning on going April/May 2020. I already contacted a friend that rents me his DVC, we have a lot of tickets, that are non expiring that I purchased before the big ticket change. After 2020, it will probably be another 5 years. Disney was truly my addiction and still is, but it didn't kill me not to go every year the last 5 years.

Maybe but is it even bragging? I mean $140k living in NYC? You can probably still quality for government assistance at that level.
The OP made no mention of where s/he lives in the initial post, just the earnings. That's what people were responding to.
$140K-160K is a very good salary in most of the country...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter