What do you do between dinner and the show (or vice versa?)

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
How do you fill the time between the show and dinner? I'm guessing the show ends around 7:15 and our late dining starts at 8:15. I'm wondering what you all do during that hour or so in between?

Visit the shops. Get pictures taken. Dress for dinner, or if it's after dinner, "slip into something more comfortable."

We check the Daily Navigator and will often go to one of the lounges for dancing. The family dancing is terrific! Love it!
Or, we grab an adult beverage and have a quiet chat. Wander out on deck. Shop. Depending on the day's events, we may wind up having a quick shower and changing before dinner.

We would often go to the show in our "regular" clothes--shorts, etc.--and then change for dinner in between the show and our late dining time.

There are family oriented activities--variety shows, dancing, game show type activities, etc. Adults can go to Sessions and enjoy music. Or if you opted to go to the show in your casual clothing, you can return to your room and dress. Stroll the pool deck or deck 4.

Hey Dallas Lady! I love seeing the progression of you pictures and got to wonderin'....where's the new pic with baby #3popcorn::? To answer your question, we almost always head to Meridian (or equivalent on other ships) for a smart cocktail :yay::yay:!!!!

There is not a lot of free time between dinner and the show, but it is just a fun time to be out and about on the ship...especially on Decks 3 & 4.

Everyone is (mostly) dressed up and in a festive mood...the smell of baking bread is in the air...characters are usually out...one of my favorite times of the day on the ship.

We had late dinner on our previous cruise.
We dressed up for "Dinner and a show" every night.

In between the dinner and the show, we often walked around Deck 4 looking at the ocean, looked through the shops, or sat in one of the adult lounges and just hung out.

I really like that time before the show and dinner, especially being dressed up. We felt fancy, and walking around the promenade deck and looking at the ocean made us feel like people on the old-timey ocean liners.

After dinner we would go back to our rooms. The time really went quick! Somedays there did not seem like enough time in between the two lol. The adults would have a glass of wine and take a look at the activities for the next day. The younger kids would get their pajamas on so when the show was over they were all ready for bed. My kids get up really early so they get tired early. Here is one of my kids she was trying so hard to stay awake but her eyes just would not let her.
hailey-1.jpg

Time for a cocktail for mom and dad. Sometimes with the kids while we went to the nightclub for family friendly comedy, dancing, etc. Sometimes kids would run into the kids clubs for an hour and we'd go to an adult only bar. We always went to the shows dressed for dinner. Never thought of doing it otherwise! Now I remember I found it funny that people were at the show in shorts and bathings suits! :rotfl2: I guess they went up and changed before dinner!

I found that hour to be one of the busiest, but most enjoyable, times on the ship. Those attending the show that gets out around 7:00 or 7:15 comingle with the main diners who are finishing up their dinner. Everything is bustling! The shops are full, the family activities are rocking, characters are everywhere - and of course there is always a pre-dinner cocktail calling my name! (We have late dining.) I found the problem to be that there was TOO much going on - too many things I wanted to do simultaneously!

theres usually character photos ops in the promenade after dinner... get there early while you"re still nicely dressed before/after dinner... , longer lines for more popular characters ... they usually accompany with great pianist on the grand piano...there was a lady from ukraine on wonder alaska that was great on disney theme songs!. a little bit of shop time en route to the main show and early birds get the worm with better seating for the show .......

Take character photos, visit the shops, view pictures at Shutters, grab a drink, walk around the ship...plenty to do to kill a few minutes!

You mean there was life outside of the 7:15 PM Bingo session?! Who knew? My DH didn't allow us to go anywhere else. :laughing: We did make some good friends that way. I told him next time he will have a strict Bingo budget, so maybe we can check out some of the other things to do. I would have liked to catch the family entertainment acts, even though we don't have kids yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter