What do you do about "chair savers"??

WisconsinDisneyGirl

DIS Veteran
Just reading some posts about people who save bunches of chairs at the pools (even save them at both kids pools). How do you deal with this and does Disney do anything about it?

I'm not sure what Disney's policy is. Last year when we cruised on the Voyager of the Seas, the pool attendants regularly went through pool area every 30 minutes. If someone had taken over a chair and it looked like it was unattended they would scoop up the belongings and take them to the towel area by the pool. If items weren't picked up then they were taken to lost and found. I have to say I liked that policy.

I would bring the navigator with me, as it has a "No chair saving" notation. If a chair was unoccupied for a long period, I would plop the stuff on the group. If the rude soul dared to say anything to me, I would simply point to the navigator blurb.
We don't use pool chairs much, but both hubby and I have done this with the people who try to save whole rows (really!) in the Walt Disney Theater.
Barb

WisconsinDisneyGirl:

There is a very interesting thread right now entitled "pool problems!. ever happen to you?". You'll enjoy those stories! Plus there are some really great responses, too.

I'll watch a chair for 5 minutes or so to be sure that it is really "saved," not that someone has just run to the bathroom. Then move their stuff to the nearby ground and sit. The chairs say "No Saving" on them, and the Navigator clearly states the policy. My feeling is that anything past 5-10 minutes is "saving."

kcashner:

Well, that doesn't seem fair either. If people have all their stuff on one chair and are in the pool for 20 minutes or so, how can they be saving? Where should they put their stuff. I can see if there are just towels thrown everywhere and no one's belongings. But obviously, if people left personal items there, then they are in that area and are coming back!

DS, DH and I will usually plop everything down on one chair so it doesn't get all wet on the deck. Keep in mind we only do this if we're in the pool. If I don't find any space I scan the area and look for just a towel on a chair. If your hiney is not in the chair, I'm plopping mine down until you come back. I've never had mean words with anyone. If people come back and see me in their chair, I usually offer to move and thank them for the seat. I will usually just push their personal items upward and sit on the edge of the chair. If I want to sunbathe, I prefer to go up on Deck 10 - or DH trades up to 10 and I entertain DS.

I think people make more of it than it needs to be. Don't start out on the wrong foot - it's not THAT big of a ship....

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter