What do you consider the best rides for Solo'rs?

mackmack

Predicted WDW AP's would be gone
For example I find being stuck in a boat on splash mountain with another group is awkward. Alternatively you kind of blend in with jungle cruise and just find a seat.

I'm not sure I consider any rides "best" for solo riders....I think I just got over it a long time ago, however I will say pre-Covid, I was in line solo for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train and they made me sit next to another women who was in a party of 3. Those are some small seats to be sitting next to someone you don't know.

If your concern is being put into potentially awkward groupings with others, my initial thought is that I believe that currently Disney is keeping groups separate on many rides. Also, I don't think any person should be concerned about how others react to them when solo. But apart from current distancing protocols and if it does concern you ....

First I think of the rides with single rider lines. There, everyone knows they might be grouped with a single rider because it is built into the riding system, and there should be no reason for anyone to look askance. I believe the single rider rides are Test Track, Rock and Roller Coaster, Everest, and Millenium Falcon Smugglers Run. Again, not sure if SR lines might be closed due to Covid. But when available to me they are a clear invitation to solo travelers.

Beyond that, and based on normal operating conditions:
  • Kilimanjaro Safari is similar to Jungle Cruise. Big trucks, and everyone just piles in.
  • Space Mountain has 3 person cars but nobody sits next to each other so everyone sort of is riding solo.
  • In Tower of Terror Cast Members deftly mix and match parties in the 3 and 4 person rows so it is very common for people to sit next to someone they do not know.
  • In Mission Space you'll end up in a tight pod with probably one other group/family, but without you they would have nobody to do one of the all important tasks and the mission would fail so win-win, right? :D
  • In Soarin' everyone sits side by side but once the ride starts you basically feel like you're by yourself. Plus the rows are long so every party expects to have someone they don't know next to at least part of their group.
  • Flight of Passage has all solo ride seats, and every group for the pre-ride experience usually has at least 2 parties anyway.
Also you should feel comfortable in all of the live shows, or movies (like Fantasmic), and things like the Tiki Room, where again, the rows are long and every group is next to some other person or group.

I'm sure there are others, but these came to mind right away for me.

Last edited:

I'm not sure I consider any rides "best" for solo riders....I think I just got over it a long time ago, however I will say pre-Covid, I was in line solo for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train and they made me sit next to another women who was in a party of 3. Those are some small seats to be sitting next to someone you don't know.

This is exactly what I was talking about and what I would like to avoid at all costs.

This is exactly what I was talking about and what I would like to avoid at all costs.

In normal operation, this is going to happen a lot. Every seat that goes unfilled is contributing to longer wait times for everyone else. If they sat the party of three in two rows with one empty, and you in one row with one empty, and this happens a lot, then those seats are going 1/3 empty. Do that a few times every train and the wait time creeps up pretty fast.

Yea on my very first trip to Disney World I went solo (in 2015) and made the mistake of doing Small World. They put me in a row all by myself with people in the same boat kinda looking at me weird lol. Then the ride itself sucks and it felt like it went on forever with that annoying song. Needless, to say that was my first and last time riding Small World LOL. I just rode it just to say I did it since it's a classic Disney attraction.

Splash Mountain was weird at first since that put me in a row on the boat again all alone. But the people in front of me made it fun. They were really friendly and gave me Disney tips since it was my first time.

The rest of the rides I did were fine and nobody cared that I was solo lol.

I've always had my own row on Small World, Living with the Land, Pirates, Big Thunder, Splash. That's preferable to me and didn't feel odd.

Pre-covid I always shared on Slinky Dog, Everest, 7 Dwarfs. Again, didn't bother me any. I haven't been since.

I've shared with strangers on some of the raft rides at water parks too. Most people have been fine with it.

I do feel silly on dumbo and usually skip that these days.

I actually loved Splash solo. It was one of the rides where I felt the most comfortable.

Generally speaking, I felt most comfortable on the coasters/thrill rides. I felt uncomfortable on the rides that seat many guests per row (Runaway Railway, Pirates, etc.). I felt guilty for taking up an entire row to myself.

I think for me I prefer the more thrillign rides solo because it seems more common that people ride them solo and they are a more visceral experience. Dark rides are more like a "sharing" type of thing if you know what I mean. I'll ride anything solo though, I don't care at all. I prefer Disneyland as there are more single-rider lines (usually) and the resort seems more solo-friendly overall, at least in my experience.

The only one I've ever been uncomfortable on is Mine Train. That just wasn't built for someone with long legs and hips and I felt uncomfortably close to my ride partner.

Any ride with a single rider line. (Even when with a group we will often do single rider lines as it is usually faster)

Space Mountain! or any rides that have single-rider as the previous poster stated!

Question! I have been to Disney World twice before solo but I have NEVER ridden Pirates mainly because I feel weird being solo. This upcoming trip I think I am going to just go for it. I seen the ride on Youtube but want to experience it myself. Do they still give single riders a whole row to themselves or no? Any other solo folks felt weird on this attraction or no?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter