What do you carry your pass in?

EsmeraldaX

DIS Veteran
Since I don't want to carry a purse around WDW with me, nor do I carry a big wallet and my DBF doesn't want to risk damaging the passes for the parks in his wallet, I found these tiny photo albums at Ritz Camera for $1.99 that are meant to hold wallet sized photos and are as slim as a wallet. They hold the passes (we'll have 3 each when we go ; PHP, a USIOA pass and a SW pass) and keep them dry , straight and seperated so the magnetic strips don't touch each other.

Seemed like a good idea, as last time, my paper passes got soaked on water rides and crumbled up in a wallet.

Has anyone else ever tried this?

What do you carry your pass in?

Do you photocopy your pass? I wanted to do this, but I'm not very scientifically inclined and I don't know if this can deactivate the magnetic strips. The woman at Triple A who I got the passes from told me it might. Anyone know?

Sheri

I have a badge holder from work with a springy string. I place my passes in the plastic pouch and hook the badge holder on my belt. This keeps my passes handy for fast pass and keeps them clean and dry.

Hope this helps.

Carol

I have a flat waist pack that I use. Just put the passes in a snack size ziplock bag and they won't get wet. I hate to carry anything around with me and this works great.

I have an AP, I keep it in the folder it comes with in the pocket of my wallet behind my license. I don't worry about losing it since it can be replaced by showing ID. I have photocopied passes in the past with no problem. If it would become demagnetized, you can have it replaced.

I use a travel belt wallet that you can get at pretty much any store that carries travel gear. It's a cloth pouch that has a zipper on it with mesh pockets inside, and also has loops to put your belt through, so you can then keep it either in your pocket or on the inside of your hip under your pants or shorts.

I got one for when I was travelling through Europe alone and it's a great thing to keep your money safe and un-pickpocket-able and un-lost like a wallet. If you know you're going on water rides, just get a ziploc to put stuff in inside it.

When I checked into my resort last year, I paid with my AMEX card and received an AMEX lanyard with a plastic pouch at the end. I put my AP in that. Once I entered a park, I took the lanyard off and tucked it safely in my backpack. When I went on Kali, I put the lanyard in a ziplock bag to keep it dry. They sell plastic containers that are water proof. These go around your neck and you can store your pass, license, credit card, room key & money (if you wish). This may be something you may like.

Hope this helps!
:wave: :earsgirl: :jester:

I've always carried my pass in my wallet. I usually hold mine and DD's. My wife carries hers in her wallet in her fanny pack.

Steve

We use "surfsafe", a small waterproof case on a lanyard that is just big enough for a pass, a room key and a creditcard (and maybe a car key and a little cash). We got a couple of them on the Disney Cruise, and some others direct from the makers website. Here is the LINK. I think the narrow case (.75" wide) is just right. It was also great for the cruise. You can wear it around your neck or put it in your pocket!

I checked out Surfsafe. They look very good. I think I might order a few for my trip. I may get the bigger size though.

RealMickey, thanks for the link. I'd been looking for these to use on the Magic in May and went ahead and got a couple!! Thanks!pirate:

those are too cool - thanks for the link!!!

Originally posted by EsmeraldaX

Do you photocopy your pass? I wanted to do this, but I'm not very scientifically inclined and I don't know if this can deactivate the magnetic strips. The woman at Triple A who I got the passes from told me it might. Anyone know?

Sheri

I just saw a show on that, Mythbusters, where they were testing the myth of eel skin wallets ruining credit cards. Not only did it not affect it but they decided to see how good the cards were. They tested the rumor of them demagnetizing each other and left them for a while stacked strip to strip together. They even stuck one in a tank with a live electric eel. They found out that the cards were surprisingly durable and they did finally get them to fail but it was only by sliding magets across them, it didn't work if they were just placed straight on them but rubbing them up and down strong magnets did it. The light from a copy machine would do nothing more than make them warm, maybe, for a split second.

BTW, I use the AMEX pouch/lanyard I got last year when the were the "Official Card of WDW"

The new DIS Store has the waterproof wallet-necklaces. Guess what color they are???

I personally carried mine and DDs rubber-banded together in the closest-to-my tummy pocket of my fanny pack. I felt they were most secure there and not liable to be pulled out when fishing around for items in the other 2 pockets.

Melanie

The new DIS Store has the waterproof wallet-necklaces.

You can also get them in some of the gift shops at WDW and some of the resorts...but the only place I have seem the narrow case (.75" wide), other than on the Disney Cruise Line, is on above linked website. We bought several different colors (unfortunately not Lime Green), and individually decorate them with stickers.

I also carry mine in my pouch on my lanyard. It will hold about 4-5 cards with no problem. I carried my cc, my room key, disney club card, annual pass and my fast passes in it. They are available at most parks now and the resorts also.
Julie

Originally posted by mb168
I just saw a show on that, Mythbusters, where they were testing the myth of eel skin wallets ruining credit cards. Not only did it not affect it but they decided to see how good the cards were. They tested the rumor of them demagnetizing each other and left them for a while stacked strip to strip together. They even stuck one in a tank with a live electric eel. They found out that the cards were surprisingly durable and they did finally get them to fail but it was only by sliding magets across them, it didn't work if they were just placed straight on them but rubbing them up and down strong magnets did it. The light from a copy machine would do nothing more than make them warm, maybe, for a split second.

BTW, I use the AMEX pouch/lanyard I got last year when the were the "Official Card of WDW"

Thanks! That makes me feel much better. :)

Stephen carries a small money clip/wallet. It's just big enough to put the passes in the pouch side and he clips what little money we carry for the day in the clip side.

12278_sq250.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter