• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do we do with teen boys?

made75

Earning My Ears
Going to Disney for a couple of days with my boyfriend and meeting his ex-wife and her family in Disney. They have two teen boys together and we will be going to Epcot and Magic Kingdom (on a party day, so not all day) with the boys (not the ex and her crew). What do you do with teen boys? I've been to Disney a dozen times with my teen girl (who has finals that week so she can't make it ) but never with other peeps. Teen boys like the countries? They have gone once with their mom and step dad so this will be their first time with their dad. Any tips would be great. Thanks.

My two best suggestions for teen boys aren't on your agenda. I think AK and DHS would be ideal for teenaged boys, especially DHS.

For Epcot-Cosmic Rewind, Test Track, Soaring, ratatouille. If the entertainment has returned to the world showcase, that can be fun.

For MK- Adventureland/Frontierland/Liberty Square. Before I had kids, I avoided Fantasyland like the plague, or hit it super early in the morning before it turned into stroller alley. But I think PhilharMagic, the teacups, its a small world and peter pans flight are universally appealing. I have very mixed feelings about the mine train, it's not worth a long wait but I have fun if there's a short wait. Tomorrowland- Space Mountain and Space Ranger Spin

Last edited:
With teen boys I would switch Epcot to DHS.

If sticking with Epcot and MK everything @sponica mentioned is great. I would add I can see teen boys enjoying the food in WS at Epcot.

I have teen girls and they like Epcot a lot but they also like browsing/shopping at the countries. imo neither park is better suited for teens per se so I think you need to find out what you think they'd prefer and go from there. Can you/their dad ask what they'd be excited to see and do? That's where I would start and pick parks they'd want to do. I have friends who go to disney a lot and they have a boy and a girl and just their perspective, their son isn't into anything that different and both their teens enjoy a lot of the same attractions. As my kids have gotten older, we do enjoy park hopping more and maybe that could be something to look at so you can do a little bit at each park especially if one child is into something else more than the other, etc.

Speaking for my 13 year old son, I'd swap out Epcot for DHS. Between Star Wars, the roller coasters and Tower of Terror, there's just so much more than at Epcot

They have gone once with their mom and step dad so this will be their first time with their dad. Any tips would be great. Thanks.
I would ask them which park they liked best or what they most liked doing. Go from there.

My 3 boys are young adults and they like everything, but they do enjoy walking through WS and getting snacks and drinks.

I’ll just add my teen boy likes to eat…and he likes time to “eat” around the world at Epcot. He gets annoyed if I try to rush him to a ride schedule, so we have to plan some slower time for him at Epcot… which is Ok, because DD likes to shop. But, we are there every year… maybe if less often, the rides might be more of an attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter